A Supplement to The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy for Ending All Bigotry That Denies Equal Human Value and Equal Human Rights to Some Humans; including “The Winning Long-Term Strategy for ‘The Culture of Life’ to Win the ‘Cultural War’ with ‘The Culture of Death,’ to Save Humanity Forever from ‘Creeping Totalitarianism’ ”
By William Baptiste SFO, Founder and Director, Human Rights and Freedoms Forever!
This Early Draft remains on this website to ensure worldwide Internet access to the key ideas, facts and logic underlying LASTING DEMOCRACY AND HUMAN RIGHTS no matter how badly your country gets compromised by current worldwide trends of ‘Creeping Totalitarianism’ now or in the future. But a superior draft and a complete suite of resources has now been published in
DEMOCRACY 101: A Voter’s and Politician’s Manual for LASTING Democracy, available on Amazon.com (click direct link: www.amazon.com/dp/1544628498)
- I recognize that legal abortion is every bit as fundamentally incompatible with Democracy as legal slavery was, for precisely the same reason: both legal slavery and legal abortion violate the historic principle of the IMMENSE and EQUAL value and preciousness and dignity of every human life WITHOUT EXCEPTION which is the foundational reason that every human should have a Democratic vote in the first place and the only reason that obligates governments to always protect human lives and not exploit, nor enslave nor kill them, nor allow them to be killed. Wherever Black humans or Preborn humans or Jewish humans or female humans and so on are legally denied their human personhood and their equal Human Rights, including their Human Right to Live, despite their scientifically undisputable humanity, then in that country Human Rights are not for all humans and are therefore meaningless. Meaningful Human Rights effectively ended the second abortion was de-criminalized in any country, because wherever abortion is legal, logically NONE OF US humans (who were all once fetal age) any longer has any legally recognized Inherent Human Right to Live which the government is obligated to protect – just like in any oppressive totalitarian State. Thus we cannot reasonably expect Democracy to last for the long-term wherever either abortion or slavery is legal (in fact, the first two modern nations to de-criminalize abortion also later perpetrated the two biggest genocides of history), and so as the original Abolitionists incessantly called for the abolition of legal slavery so that Human Rights and Freedoms for ALL humans could continue, so I as a New Abolitionist, motivated by the same Abolitionist principle of the supreme and EQUAL value of every human life without exception and without discrimination (including both race-discrimination and the age-discrimination of abortion), pledge to incessantly call on my government for the abolition of legal abortion so that Human Rights and Freedoms can continue in my country for the long-term.
- I recognize there is nothing more sadly ironic than Black humans or Jewish humans who in their ignorance are “Pro-Choice,” since these belong to groups of humans who in the past unjustly had their scientifically undisputable humanity denied, their human personhood legally defined away, and their basic Human Rights including their Inherent Human to Live violated on a massive scale (6 million Jewish humans killed in the Nazi Holocaust; and huge numbers of Black humans died tightly packed together in their own waste on slave ships before they even got to be slaves). Yet these “Pro-Choice” Black humans and Jewish humans are willing to similarly unjustly deny the scientifically undisputable humanity of preborn humans (who are also Black, or Jewish, or belong to other groups of humans); they are willing to similarly legally define away preborn human personhood which was recognized and protected in the womb since the 4th Century, and willing to similarly deny preborn humans their basic Human Rights including their Inherent Human Right to Live, so that (like in the Nazi Holocaust) humans can be (and are) legally killed in the millions. I recognize that some people indeed overuse associating things they do not agree with, with Nazism, and many roll their eyes and dismiss it as an exaggeration whenever they hear such an association. But legal abortion is the one case where the parallel association with Nazism is precisely appropriate! Legal abortion is literally one of the many “crimes against humanity” the Nazis were specifically condemned for at the Nuremberg Trials (in 1948). And legally defining away the preborn human right to live which had previously been protected by law and custom for over 1600 years and then killing them in the millions is precisely parallel to the Nazis legally defining away the Jewish human right to live which had previously been protected in law and then killing them in the millions. Human babies before they are born are every bit as alive and human, scientifically speaking, as born Jews – Jewish humans have no greater claim to be recognized as human lives than do preborn human babies. So the Nazi Regime legally devaluing the human personhood of their unwanted Jews and killing them is a perfectly valid comparison with our Western countries legally devaluing the human personhood of its unwanted babies and killing them. The Nazis literally took away the Jews= names and replaced them with tattooed numbers in the Death Camps in order to de-humanize unwanted Jews for killing. We replace words like Ahuman@ and Ababy@ which are commonly B and entirely accurately B used of wanted preborn human children with medical terms like Aembryo@ and Afetus,@ technically valid medical terms which are just de-humanizing enough to make it easier to take the human lives of unwanted human children by abortion (pro-abortionists used to commonly – and some still do – de-humanize them all the more by calling such human babies Atissue blobs@ even though scientifically-speaking they are endowed with growing unique biological human life and unique human DNA completely distinct from their mothers’. Today’s medical science has rich scientific and photographic evidence of all the preborn stages of the human life-cycle, which make completely outdated and untenable the arguments which were actually used to justify de-criminalizing abortion in the 1960s and 1970s). It is very strange but it is like the Nazis won the war, because the West has since adopted the inhuman polices the Nazis were specifically condemned for at Nuremberg in 1948, and would have forcefully imposed on the West if Germany won the Second World War.
I sadly acknowledge that “Pro-Choice” Black and Jewish humans seem ignorant of the historical facts that the “Pro-Choice” abortion mindset (which is ancient – only the name is new) has always been a tool of prejudice and bigotry; “Pro-Choice” abortion has always been a way to kill groups of humans (including Black and Jewish humans) considered in ignorant bigotry to be “inferior” or “not worth living,” specifically including Jewish and Black humans as targets for legal abortion. The Nazis legalized and promoted the “choice” to abort not for healthy Germans but for handicapped Germans, Jews and other racial groups they considered inferior, before they went the next step and rounded up born handicapped, Jewish and other humans they considered “inferior” and “not worth living” for extermination in the Death Camps. I understand it is well documented that Planned Parenthood similarly first offered abortion “services” only in Black neighborhoods, to reduce the number of “undesirable” Black American humans. The ancient “Pro-Choice” mentality employed not only abortion but also infanticide as “Pro-Choice” tools (infanticide which some modern Pro-Choice philosophers advocate for, calling it “after-birth abortion”), and ancient prejudice and bigotry against human females as “inferior” to human males expressed itself in the very common ancient choice to expose and kill baby girls (infanticide) as soon as they were born, and their female gender finally known. With modern technology, today we can identify baby girls before they are actually born, and legal abortion means that the ancient common practice of the prejudiced infanticide-killing of baby girls is today back with a vengeance, in the form of the now very common “female gendercide” sex-selective abortion of baby girls just for being baby girls, who are still considered “inferior” or “less desirable” by several cultural groups throughout the world (and misogynists of any culture). I recognize that abortion kills humans, so of course legal abortion has always been readily used as a tool of prejudice and bigotry to kill certain humans, including Jewish humans, Black humans, and still today female and handicapped humans.
- I recognize that thus still today legal abortion gives prejudiced attitudes against women the vehicle to legally kill women (by sex-selective abortion) because girls are valued less than boys (so much for abortion being absurdly touted as a matter of “women’s rights”). But the bigotry of today’s legal abortion does not stop there. Legal abortion right now allows a vile bigoted and murderous hatred for the inferiority of the handicapped to be violently expressed in our Western nations as handicapped children are specifically targeted for abortions which rip them limb-from-limb by Pro-Choice doctors who pester or pressure the mothers to abort because apparently to the “Pro-Choice abortion” mindset, handicapped human lives are not worth living, and certainly not worth the extra love and effort and money it takes to take care of handicapped humans’ extra medical needs – just like in Nazi Germany they de-criminalized abortion and Nazi doctors strongly encouraged handicapped Germans to abort their more-likely-to-be-handicapped babies. The Nazis also legalized euthanasia of born handicapped humans, just like more and more of today’s democracies which followed the 1934 Nazi precedent of de-criminalizing abortion are now doing, so that “inferior” born handicapped humans can be legally killed too, because of the bigotry that “handicapped human lives have less value and are not worth living.” Thus handicapped groups and parents of handicapped children, reading “the signs of the times,” are starting to fear for their lives in today’s democracies, because legal abortion and legal euthanasia together give bigoted attitudes about the “inferior value” of handicapped humans a deadly vehicle to murder the handicapped, starting by shaming people into asking for “assisted suicide” euthanasia because their handicapped lives are regarded as burdens rather than as valuable gifts that it is a privilege to serve (but Human Rights and democracy – and hospitals and health-care systems – only ever developed on the understanding that every human life without exception is precious and worth taking care of when they have extra needs). As discussed in The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy Article 9, history teaches us that what begins as a “choice” to euthanize soon becomes pressure to euthanize (as has already happened wherever euthanasia has been legal longer), and ultimately leads to the obligation to euthanize (the same progression happened in Nazi Germany), because once handicapped human lives are (in bigoted fashion) considered not worth living and not worth the effort of caring for, soon any time and money spent on the handicapped becomes viewed as a “burden” rather than the privilege of serving precious human lives with all their needs.
- I recognize the obvious correlation that abortion which kills humans and prejudice which devalues humans naturally complement each other and so it is no coincidence that the two biggest racial genocides in history happened shortly after abortion was legalized in those countries. Soviet Russia legalized abortion in 1920, promoting abortion in the rest of the Soviet Union first in Ukraine in 1921 (not long before the Russian prejudice against Ukrainians was further unleashed in the 1932/3 forced starvation of 7-10 million Ukrainian humans). Soviet dictator Josef Stalin eventually figured out that legal abortion was not good for Mother Russia – it negatively impacted population growth, so he was aborting his workforce and army! So he criminalized abortion again in 1936, but only after the prejudice against Ukrainians had been spent by 15 years of legal abortion to reduce the Ukrainian population followed by the genocide of 7-10 million already-born Ukrainians (men, women and children) since abortion on its own did not reduce the Ukrainian population fast enough (prejudiced Soviet policies to eradicate distinct Ukrainian language and culture – despite their similarities to the Russian – continued after the genocide was over and legal abortion ceased). Similarly, Nazi Germany legalized abortion in 1934, promoting abortion specifically among the human groups Nazi prejudice considered undesirable, soon to be followed by the bigoted Nazi Holocaust of the Jewish humans, also targeting handicapped and other “undesirable” humans.
- [rough draft Article] So, I understand that everyone needs to recognize that “Pro-Lifers” really are the New Abolitionists standing up against the prejudice and bigotry that devalues some human lives (the too-young-to-be-born) in preference for others (the old-enough-to-be-born and the “wanted”) and kills devalued humans by abortion – in the same way the original Abolitionists stood up against the prejudice and bigotry that devalued Black human lives in preference for White and enslaved the devalued Black humans (also killing huge numbers of them though unsafe transportation and work conditions because their human lives were not valued enough to ensure their safety). Pro-Lifers are simply taking up the very same Abolitionist cause of demanding their society recognize and practice the supreme and EQUAL dignity of every human life without exception which means that no humans should be either enslaved or killed. Abortion needs to be abolished by the “Pro-Life” New Abolitionists for exactly the same reason slavery needed to be abolished by the original Abolitionists. In contrast, “Pro-Choicers” are so morally confused (by hollow and deceptive philosophy which is not new but ancient and anti-human) that they do not even know killing humans is wrong. This is why Pro-Choice politicians simply cannot be trusted long-term with our human safety, nor can they be trusted to maintain democracy for the long-term. Countries which have abandoned the basic human right to live by de-criminalizing abortion (following the Soviets and Nazis who did it first), have abandoned the ultimate reason to protect any rights for humans, and have abandoned the underlying reason to give every human a vote. So it is no coincidence that Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany legalized abortion first and then proceeded to progressively attack Human Rights (and dismantle Germany’s former democracy); and this is why Human Rights and freedoms are also being (more slowly but by similar stages – see Chapter 4 of The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack) eroded away in other Western countries that followed the Soviet and Nazi precedent of de-criminalizing abortion.
- [rough draft Article] I recognize that “Pro-Choice” legal abortion makes our being allowed to live as humans not an inherent human right but subject to the whims and wants of another, our mothers and ultimately our governments which give our mothers this “license to kill” any human child they do not want. Through history wherever such “Pro-Choice” killing of preborn humans is legal it is always accompanied or followed by the legal killing of “unwanted” or “undesirable” or “burdensome” born humans too – as in the Soviet and Nazi genocides shortly following the de-criminalization of abortion and in the current Western trend to de-criminalize euthanasia after de-criminalizing abortion. Once human life is no longer inherently precious nor always to be protected there can be no guarantee the government will always protect YOUR human life because it is no longer a given that killing humans is wrong. It is either wrong to kill humans or it is not. Once a society through one kind of prejudice or another has decided it is not wrong to kill some “unwanted” humans, all humans become potential targets for killing because human life is no longer inherently precious and therefore unwanted humans can be legally killed. Once a society has started to kill unwanted preborn humans, it is easy to take the next step and kill unwanted born humans. Both born and unborn humans unwanted for any reason were easily killed in the brutal ancient world when Pro-Choice philosophy first pervaded Western Civilization before abortion was criminalized in 318 AD. In modern times first Soviet Russia (in 1920) then Nazi Germany (in 1934) de-criminalized abortion in order to kill unwanted preborn humans and quickly progressed to genocides killing vast numbers of unwanted born humans too (Ukrainians, Jews, the handicapped and other inconvenient “undesirables” including Christian pastors and priests and others who stood up against the human-killing). The progression from legally killing preborn to born humans has taken longer this time only because our current governments (unlike the Soviets and Nazis) are more ignorant than evil, but the progression is still happening according to the inexorable logic of (ancient) “Pro-Choice” philosophy – for if human life is no longer inherently precious nor always to be protected because abortion is legal, why not get rid of “inconvenient” or “unwanted” or “undesirable” or “burdensome” born humans as well? Thus legal euthanasia to legally kill those “burdensome” handicapped and elderly humans who are already born (starting with those who ask for it – or who are shamed into asking for it – but it never stops there) has naturally and logically followed legal abortion, and as Western society is further transformed by “Pro-Choice” philosophy and gets more and more used to legally killing humans (preborn or born) because it no longer knows that killing humans is wrong, the continued progression and expansion of the legal killing of humans (like in any totalitarian State, which democracies more and more resemble the more human-killing they allow) cannot stop there.
I recognize that this highlights the charge that perhaps the worst bigotry of all is age bigotry, the bigotry of legal abortion on demand, where it is not only if you happen to be of a specific race or gender that you are denied your human personhood and all Human Rights and are aborted, but just if you are young (as all of us were), if you are a young human not yet born (as all of us were), you are denied your human personhood and all Human Rights including the basic human right to live. Because (as Chapter 3 of The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack demonstrates) biological science affirms the complete and unique human life of preborn humans and science gives no more reason to deny human personhood and Human Rights to preborn humans than science gives any reason to deny human personhood and Human Rights to Jewish humans, the age bigotry represented by abortion on demand is every bit as vile as the Nazi bigotry against the handicapped and Jews, or possibly more so, because even the Nazis, while encouraging abortion for others, legally protected some human lives that were valued from the womb (healthy Germans). But all of us humans were once the age to be legally aborted by age bigotry, making age bigotry the Bigotry against the Human Race itself, the bigotry which says none of us humans have any inherent human right to live and which, when abortion is legalized, logically robs every human of any legally recognized inherent human right to live. Since age bigotry took over and abortion was legalized, none of us humans has an inherent right to live, we humans are now only allowed to live, at the whim of our mothers – and ultimately at the whim of the government, which no longer feels obligated to protect human lives wherever they are but has effectively given our mothers a “licence to kill” which they did not have throughout the many centuries our human lives in the womb were protected by law or custom since 318 AD – the same centuries during which our modern Human Rights and freedoms were gradually but logically developing from the historic “Pro-Life” principles adopted in the 4th Century, that every human life without exception is precious and has an inherent human right to live which governments are always obligated to protect. Abolitionists old and new stand up against bigotry which does not treat humans equally, and legal abortion is the height of bigotry because in its prejudiced ignorance it denies every human’s Inherent Human Right to Live, not just humans belonging to a specific racial or gender group.
- [First Draft Article] I recognize that De-Criminalized Abortion Severely Violates Any Historical Contextual Reading and Any Intelligent Reading of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights. As also discussed in Article 23 of The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy, I recognize that de-criminalized abortion is a betrayal of everything the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights intended to accomplish to protect humanity from totalitarianism for the long-term after the condemned Nazi atrocities, which included legal abortion mothers were encouraged to ask for (by the Nazis who had no respect for human life). I recognize that despite the unfortunate wording of The Universal Declaration‘s Article 1 which reads “All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights,” there is no reasonable nor legitimate way to interpret the whole text of the Universal Declaration as if it intended to exclude preborn humans from having any Human Rights so they could be legally killed by abortion, especially not in its 1948 historical context. In the same year of 1948 the Nazis were condemned at Nuremberg for legal abortion as “a crime against humanity” and the Declaration of Geneva (in response to the atrocities of Nazi doctors, which included legal abortions) included the doctor’s promise, “I will maintain the utmost respect for human life, from the time of conception; even under threat, I will not use my medical knowledge contrary to the laws of humanity.” The only reason the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights is not more explicit in declaring preborn humans have the same all-inclusive Human Rights as all other humans is because it did not need to be – in 1948 human life had been protected in the womb by law or custom since 318 AD and only the evil, oppressive and totalitarian Soviets and Nazis had ever de-criminalized the abortion-killing of young humans! And even the Soviets had re-criminalized abortion in 1936 and the evil Nazi regime had ended, the Nazis condemned for the “crime against humanity” of abortion in 1948, so preborn humans were not threatened in 1948, as they had not been since the 4th Century (during which time modern Human Rights and Freedoms had very gradually but logically developed from the starting point of the 318 AD criminalization of abortion BECAUSE ALL HUMAN LIFE IS PRECIOUS NOT CHEAP, the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights being the maturely-articulated end-point of a precisely 1630-year logical process that began when Human Rights were first legally recognized through the 318 AD criminalization of abortion).
I recognize that implicitly the plain sense of the Universal Declaration is that it clearly intends to be all-inclusive and declare Human Rights for all humans, as it essentially does by stating Human Rights are for everyone “without distinction of any kind” because “recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of ALL members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.” IF the Declaration intended to exclude preborn humans from having the same Human Rights all other humans have just because they are human, THEN it would mean Human Rights are neither “inherent,” “equal,” nor “inalienable” after all, and the whole Declaration is meaningless. It would mean Human Rights are NOT for everyone “without distinction of any kind” after all, since a distinction would be made between preborn young humans who have no Human Rights and all other (older) humans who have Human Rights (a distinction of age-bigotry instead of race bigotry). It would absurdly mean preborn young humans are somehow NOT members of the “human family” that has “inalienable rights,” and therefore NONE OF US have “inherent” nor “inalienable” Human Rights after all, since ALL OF US started our human lives as preborn humans who could be legally killed by abortion!
So, when Human Rights were denied to some humans in Nazi Germany (preborn and born Jewish humans and preborn and born handicapped humans and other preborn humans the Nazis considered “undesirable” and encouraged the legal abortion of in their evil regime), the Germans were condemned for all these atrocities (including legal abortion) as “crimes against humanity,” and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was written to make sure Human Rights were never denied to some humans again.
The very definition of bigotry is denying equal human value and equal Human Rights to some humans, whether Black humans, Jewish humans, Indigenous humans, preborn young humans, or female humans, ALL of which groups of humans have had their equal human value and rights denied at different periods of history. This is WHY the Universal Declaration made it so clear that Human Rights were for “ALL members of the human family. . . without distinction of any kind,” not realizing that prejudice and bigotry were so ingrained that Western society would later go ahead and make new “distinctions” to exclude some humans from having Human Rights anyway. Young preborn humans are the new “Blacks” or “Jews” who by pure ignorant prejudice are denied Human Rights (even though they are scientifically, biologically just as human as we are – so much so every one of us used to be one of them when we were younger) just because they are in some way different than we are (smaller, younger, instead of having darker skin or whatever).
- Whether I am Christian or not, I recognize the historical realities that the ancient Greek experiments with democracy (and the Roman Republic) entirely lacked the Christian principle of human equality and therefore slavery could (and did) logically co-exist with ancient Greek democracy; but modern democracy is fundamentally Christian and utterly dependent upon the Christian belief that every human life without exception is EQUALLY PRECIOUS TO A LOVING GOD even though humans are manifestly not equal in IQ, physical prowess, nor any other trait. I recognize that the long but logical process of the development of ideas through Western history which ultimately gave us modern Human Rights and Freedoms began with the 318 AD criminalization of abortion and infanticide specifically because thanks to Christian influence human life was no longer considered cheap, serving the greater State, but precious to God and therefore the government was OBLIGATED to protect and serve precious human PERSONS (a Christian-invented theological term for valuable humans made in the Image of the One God in Three PERSONS of Christian theology). Thus I recognize that as long as ANY humans have been recognized as valuable “persons,” preborn humans have been recognized as valuable “persons” and on this basis protected since the 318 AD criminalization of abortion a mere 5 years after Christianity was legalized after centuries of persecution ending 313 AD – meaning that in addition to the scientifically undisputable unique individual biological humanity of preborn humans giving no excuse to deny legal personhood to preborn humans there is also no legitimate use of the term “person” at all that denies human personhood to ANY humans – whether preborn humans, or Jewish humans, or Black humans, or female humans, all of whom have (past or present) been denied legal human personhood to the detriment of Human Rights and Democracy. I recognize that for decades most Western countries, out of a forgetful ignorance of the above (and below) underlying First Principles of Democracy laid so long ago on which all Western Human Rights and Freedoms are built, have descended into a “cultural war” between the “Culture of Life” which can guarantee Human Rights and Freedoms last forever because it remembers and upholds the above principles of intrinsic human preciousness free from government coercion which Human Rights and Freedoms depend on, and the “Culture of Death,” rooted in the Pro-Choice “choice-to-kill-humans” (which is the only choice “Pro-Choice” philosophy, ancient or modern, is ultimately about, since the only difference between a “Pro-Lifer” who would never choose to kill their human baby in the womb by abortion and a “Pro-Choicer” who would never choose to kill their human baby in the womb by abortion is that the “Pro-Choicer” thinks mothers in general should have the “choice-to-kill” their human baby by abortion – even though this belief logically means neither the preborn baby nor the mother (who once was a preborn baby) have any Inherent Human Right to Live).
- I recognize that the “Pro-Choice abortion” philosophy giving parents the “right to choose” to raise or kill their own children by abortion is not new but ancient (only the name is new), part of the “Culture of Death” which characterized the ancient totalitarian States before Christianity which practiced a legal “Pro-Choice” right to abortion and which characterized the first two modern nations to de-criminalize abortion, totalitarian Soviet Russia (in 1920) and Nazi Germany (in 1934), simply because Pro-Choice abortion which allows the “choice-to-kill-humans” is of course fundamentally anti-human and thus fundamentally anti-democratic such that legal Pro-Choice abortion and totalitarianism have naturally gone together throughout history (hence “Pro-Choice” philosophy, which is only about the “choice-to-kill-humans,” has nothing at all to do with true human freedom which depends on every human being precious; Pro-Choice philosophy is what Western Civilization had back when Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms were undreamed of and their Christian foundations had not yet been laid). I recognize that since our Western Democracies de-criminalized abortion ignorantly following the precedent of totalitarian Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany (Germany was condemned at the Nuremberg Trials in 1948 specifically for Legal Abortion which was then described as “an inhumane act,” “an act of extermination,” and “a crime against humanity”), the “Culture of Death” has been growing for decades and gaining influence in Western governments as a “Creeping Totalitarianism” slowly undermining Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms out of its ignorance of what Democracy rests on and what it needs to last.
- I recognize that the “Pro-Choice” abortion mindset by its internal logic necessarily must oppress the freedoms of those who object to killing humans and recent developments in countries which abandoned the historic First Principles of Democracy by de-criminalizing abortion outlawed since the 4th Century, devaluing preborn human lives and legally taking away preborn human personhood and the preborn human right to live (then killing them in the millions), follow the same pattern as the early stages of the gradual loss of democracy in Germany after it similarly abandoned the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy by similarly devaluing Jewish human lives and legally denying Jewish human personhood and taking away the Jewish human right to live (then similarly killing them in the millions – legal abortion is the one comparison to the Nazi Regime that is precisely appropriate, legal abortion even being specifically one of the “crimes against humanity” the Nazis were convicted of at Nuremberg). I recognize that just like those who stood up against killing devalued Jewish humans were persecuted too, those who stand up against killing devalued preborn humans by abortion (and devalued “unproductive” elderly and handicapped humans by euthanasia) are being increasingly bullied into silence and persecuted by many new formal and informal “Pro-Choice” policies threatening their jobs, funding or freedom which herald the end of democracy which depends historically and logically precisely on the supreme and equal value of every human life without exception. For example, in many jurisdictions the democratic freedoms of conscience and free speech of medical professionals to object to killing humans by abortion (or euthanasia) is being trampled specifically in order to ensure that “Pro-Choice-To-Kill-Humans” abortion (or euthanasia) access is completely unhindered. Teachers and government workers too are being threatened not to be vocally “Pro-Life” or face job discipline. A surprising amount of the official and unofficial stifling of abortion debate has occurred on Western university campuses (which in healthy democracies would be the place of the most free intellectual debate on so important and controversial a topic), even to the point of the official shutting down of doctoral projects on the consequences of abortion and the unofficial violent destruction of peaceful “Pro-Life” presentations inviting intellectual debate, all while campus security was “conveniently absent.” The similar experience of vandalism of the property of many peaceful “Pro-Lifers” inviting rational thought about abortion indicates that many ardent “Pro-Choicers” simply do not “get” the principle “though I disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it;” but this is simply because the entire history of “Pro-Choice” philosophy and the “Pro-Choice” right of parents to CHOOSE to raise or kill their children since ancient times (only the name is new) is indissolubly tied to the totalitarian belief that there is NO Inherent Human Right to Live which the government is always obligated to protect. “Pro-Choice” philosophy is so utterly anti-human that it denies the simple maxim that “killing humans is wrong” and the “Pro-Choice right to kill humans” trumps all other pesky genuine Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms if they get in the way of the Pro-CHOICE abortion “right-to-CHOOSE-to-kill-humans;” in contrast the above First Principles of Democracy are precisely what drives the “Pro-Life” movement. “Pro-Life” is fundamentally Pro-Democracy and “Pro-Choice” is fundamentally Anti-Democratic.
- I recognize that the historic “Pro-Life” principles when mature logically yield modern Human Rights and Democracy (as they did in actual historical development) BECAUSE they mean EVERY human life is SUPREMELY and EQUALLY precious and must be FREE from government coercion to without impediment seek and find this Truth, therefore it is appropriate that EVERY human life has a say in how he or she is governed; the (ancient and modern) “Pro-Choice” philosophy wherein parents have the right to choose to raise or kill their own children when mature logically yields Totalitarianism BECAUSE it means human life is NOT INHERENTLY VALUABLE but can be KILLED when deemed INCONVENIENT, AS IN ANY OPPRESSIVE TOTALITARIAN STATE. The historic “Pro-Life” principles are a whole mindset or way of thinking about human life that naturally and logically leads to Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms for every precious human without exception, without discrimination and “without distinction of any kind” (Article 2 of the 1948 Universal Declaration on Human Rights), all of which humans “without distinction” our governments are always obligated to protect and serve (including young humans still in the womb, as all of us once were, this obligation meaning ALL OF US have an Inherent Human Right to Live which no government foreign or domestic has any right to kill). In contrast, “Pro-Choice” philosophy (ancient and modern) is a whole mindset or way of thinking about human life that naturally and logically leads in the long run ultimately to totalitarianism in which humans who are NOT intrinsically valuable but who may be killed by “Pro-Choice” abortion when deemed “inconvenient” ultimately serve the greater State, which all-too-easily finds excuses to exploit or enslave or even kill the born humans as well as preborn humans that it deems “inconvenient” (starting with the “unproductive” handicapped, sick and elderly humans by euthanasia or “assisted suicide” that the “unproductive” are shamed into asking for), since the State is under NO OBLIGATION to either protect or serve human lives that do not even have any Inherent Human Right to Live in the first place, because abortion is legal. “Pro-Life” and “Pro-Choice” are two whole mindsets or distinct WHOLE WAYS OF THINKING ABOUT HUMAN LIFE that have DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT ultimate logical outcomes. This is exactly why the first two modern nations to de-criminalize abortion (Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany) not long afterwards committed the two biggest genocides of history — genocide after legalizing abortion follows a terrible logical consistency that human lives that are NOT intrinsically precious because abortion is legal need not be protected by the government at any age. “Pro-Choice” philosophy and totalitarianism in history have always gone hand in hand since ancient times: The only reason that right now (for now) we can have BOTH “Pro-Choice” philosophy and a (weakening) semblance of democracy is because of the remaining “force of habit” of many centuries of “Pro-Life” thinking. To use an economic metaphor, we are now “living off the principal” of the about 1650 years of Christian, “Pro-Life” Western thinking before abortion was de-criminalized. Having abandoned the guiding principles of Western Christian Civilization which in over 16 centuries had generated so much abundant “compound interest” in high esteem for human life which was added to the “principal” in the Western “bank,” that “principal balance” of what gives us Western Human Rights and Freedoms is dwindling because it is not being replenished by more “Pro-Life” thinking; thus our democracies are already gradually becoming more and more hostile to human life and freedom in the several ways which motivated the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and this Manifesto in response; and if we do not shore up the badly eroded “Pro-Life” foundations of Democracy, when the “principal” generated by over 16 centuries of built-up Christian and “Pro-Life” habits of thinking is gone we will no longer have the wherewithal left to sustain our democracies nor to resist “Creeping Totalitarianism.” I recognize that like doctors since the de-criminalization of abortion no longer taking the Traditional Hippocratic Oath to not kill patients (including the “second patient” in the womb) has removed the traditional basis of trust between doctors and patients (and now after decades without the Oath doctors are killing more and more patients by euthanasia, with or without their “consent,” meaning patients really cannot reasonably trust their doctors as they did before (see Article 11 of The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy), similarly the de-criminalization of abortion has removed the basis of trust between the governing and the governed. The traditional underlying reason to trust the government to not be oppressive and totalitarian but to protect everyone’s Human Rights and Freedoms is because since the 318 AD criminalization of abortion Western governments felt obligated to something higher than the government to protect human lives as precious right from the womb. Removing the traditional Christian and “Pro-Life” understanding of the preciousness of ALL human life from government policy (as all totalitarian States lack these principles) has literally removed the reason citizens should trust the government to protect their human lives and freedom. Only the force of habit of 16 centuries of traditional “Pro-Life” thinking on both the part of the governing and the governed has kept Western societies more or less humane and free so far; Western governments have been used to not oppressing their citizens and used to not telling them what to think; and Western citizens have been used to being able to trust their governments to protect them and to not oppress them nor control their beliefs. But now, after decades without the underlying “Pro-Life” / “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” principles holding up our democracies, our democracies are gradually becoming more and more like totalitarian States, for example by protecting less and less humans from harm starting by giving doctors “licence to kill” (and in some jurisdictions already “obligation to kill” against the doctors’ conscience) with euthanasia and “assisted suicide” being legally allowed for more and more reasons; and more and more jurisdictions are in various degrees forcefully imposing anti-traditional State-set beliefs through mandatory “public education” with less and less options for citizen parents to “opt out” of having their children so indoctrinated by the State in a value system which is contrary to the traditional values all Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms were historically and logically built upon (I recognize that where the author of this manifesto lives, the government is not only already forcefully imposing radically anti-traditional values upon schoolchildren; not only already supporting a court decision to take away parental rights to remove their children from this government indoctrination; but at time of writing even trying to set up a system where children’s aid societies can take children away from their parents not only for violent or sexual abuse, but also for not raising their children according to the new radically anti-traditional government standard. This is the action of a totalitarian government, and can only result in parents living in fear of someone reporting their traditional child-rearing to these government agencies, just like in Nazi Germany those who held traditional values against the government’s agenda lived in fear of being reported).
- I recognize that the totalitarian-style forced indoctrination of children in anti-traditional values which undermine the foundations of Human Rights and Freedoms for future generations (even imposed blatantly undemocratically in some jurisdictions, against parents’ wide and loud objections) usually takes the form of anti-traditional Western (that is, anti-Christian), “sexual education” in government-funded schools. This is the case because just as the human sexual process is integral to the formation of new human beings, so naturally one’s attitude towards the human sexual process integrally affects ones’ attitude towards human beings who are generated by sex.
I recognize that a high or low view of sex naturally yields a high or low view of the human life which is generated by sex, which naturally and logically also affects how humans are governed – as persons of high value who must be protected and served by the State, or as mere tools serving a greater State/society which can be legally thrown away (killed – starting by abortion or euthanasia, but potentially progressing to any reasons of any political inconvenience as in any oppressive State which similarly denies any Inherent Human Right to Live which the government is always obligated to protect). Whether I am Christian or not, I recognize that the high (Judeo-)Christian standard of sex for lifelong committed loving marriage and the family life that naturally follows that stable loving context guarantees that humans naturally produced by sex are always highly valued as persons (a Christian-invented theological term) who have the highest dignity which the State is always obligated to protect and serve, even granting precious human persons a democratic say in their own government. The low secular standard (since the Sexual Revolution abandoned the traditional Christian standard) of sex merely for pleasure does not intend nor desire nor value the humans naturally produced by sex and instead desires to kill (by abortion) the unwanted humans naturally generated by sex, which logically means that no human life is inherently valuable and the government by this view is NOT obligated to protect human life wherever it exists, which leaves the government, no longer accountable to any higher principle, as the final arbiter of which human lives are (or are not) valued and which human lives are (or are not) protected, just like in any oppressive and totalitarian State, which is precisely why our democratic freedoms are being so compromised since the “Sexual Revolution” and the de-criminalization of abortion to kill the unwanted human product of sex for mere pleasure: there can be no guarantee of Human Rights and freedoms for anyone when sex which produces humans is regarded so low and cheap: if the sexual process is cheap, then the human product is cheap; if the sexual process is precious, then the human product is precious and must always be protected, guaranteeing Human Rights and freedoms for the long-term.
I recognize that since in any lasting free and democratic society with Human Rights, humans must be recognized and treated without exception as inherently precious, then it is immature and irresponsible to engage in nature’s sexual process which has the specific biological purpose of producing the next generation of humans without any intention of nor even openness to the sex being actually successful in its actual purpose of producing a precious human child. This is why sex is properly for mature, mutually self-giving loving marriage which naturally produces family life. Whether I am Christian or not, I recognize that the (Judeo-)Christian sexual ideal, when practiced, best fulfils the scientific, biological purpose of sex, which is to produce the next generation of the human species and raise each new human produced to a healthy physical and psychological maturity, equipping the next generation also to pursue mature, beautiful mutually self-giving marriages instead of pursuing mere immature cheap sex for pleasure which dehumanizes both sex partners as mere tools or sex objects — and which so dehumanizes the human children naturally produced by sex just for pleasure that they are actually killed by abortion as if they were not human when they are (exactly like Jews in Nazi Germany were killed as if they were not human when they were). This grossly immature and irresponsible form of “free sexual expression” or “recreational sex” taught by the Sexual Revolution (“if it feels right, do it,” and so on – now taught directly in schools by the new Ontario “Sexual Education” curriculum in Canada) has literally, actually dehumanized every single human in any country which de-criminalized abortion (specifically to deal with so many unwanted humans produced by sex outside of mature marital commitment), because it has made NONE OF US any longer have any legally recognized Inherent Human Right to Live which the government is obligated to protect — just like in any totalitarian State (such as Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany, the first two countries to de-criminalize abortion).
Thus, whether I am Christian or not, I recognize that while the high Christian ideals can be very difficult to achieve because of human weakness, even so the history of Western Christian Civilization proves it is extremely worthwhile aiming so high because it tends to make human individuals, families, and societies much more loving, happy and stable than they can possibly be when they aim for a lower (and ultimately totalitarian) standard of sexual morality.
- Thankfully, I recognize that although (as described in Chapter 4 of The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack) the gradual loss of Democracy and progressive “Creeping Totalitarianism” in our Western democracies are going by similar stages to the gradual loss of Democracy and beginning of Totalitarianism in 1930s Germany, the stages are progressing much slower because Democracy is being dismantled in most countries today by ignorance and (probably) not by design. In this situation it is fair to give every “Pro-Choice” politician, judge, and doctor the benefit of the doubt – surely they are opposing Democracy and Human Rights right from their “Pro-Life” foundations by ignorance, not by design, just because these “Pro-Life” foundations of always EQUAL and PRECIOUS humanity which governments are OBLIGATED to always protect were laid so long ago (in the 4th Century) that people forgot this was holding up the whole structure of Human Rights and Democracy. It is fair to give “Pro-Choice” politicians some time to make the necessary adjustments to a “Pro-Life” mentality that ultimately guarantees Democracy instead of undermining it like the “Pro-Choice abortion” mentality – throughout history associated with Totalitarianism – does. But the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and this New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity by clearly revealing the historical and logical Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy will “test the mettle” of politicians (and judges, doctors, and citizens) and reveal their true colors. After decades of insidious “Creeping Totalitarianism” in Western democracies since ignorantly de-criminalizing abortion without realizing all of our Western Human Rights and Freedoms logically started to develop only after abortion was criminalized in 318 AD, the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy (and this Manifesto and the in-depth treatise The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack) finally draws “the line in the sand” clearly separating Democracy from Totalitarianism right from their logical foundations. So politicians (and citizen voters) can now easily be judged as to how fundamentally democratic or how fundamentally totalitarian they are (whether they are ultimately “oriented” towards Democracy or ultimately “oriented” towards Totalitarianism) by how they respond to the Pledge, this Manifesto, and to the more in-depth Treatise they are based on; so politicians (and judges and doctors and other leaders) must realize they need to respond very carefully. Since the Pledge and this Manifesto and the Treatise present the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy based on well-known (at least to scholars) and easily verifiable, undisputed historical facts connected and interpreted according to clear, sound logic, politicians will have very little possible reasonable excuse from now on to continue the current policy of ignoring the “Pro-Life” (“Pro-Human-Rights”) voice which has been usual since ignorantly undermining the foundations of Human Rights and Democracy by de-criminalizing abortion (which has logically brought us to this critical “tipping point” where we are in serious danger of ultimately losing our democracies which were built on the underlying “Pro-Life” assumption that every human life without exception is equally precious and therefore DEMOCRATIC governments properly have no right of “life and death” over humans as TOTALITARIAN governments do. Politicians and judges in genuine LASTING DEMOCRACIES have no business legislating human life and death in matters like abortion and euthanasia / “assisted suicide” because only TOTALITARIAN STATES think they have the power of life or death over humans (of ANY age or state of health). Democracies which want to stay democracies and avoid “Creeping Totalitarianism” must only legislate precisely HOW the State fulfills its OBLIGATION to always protect and serve ALWAYS PRECIOUS human lives of any age or state of health, humans always precious “without distinction of any kind” (Article 2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights) because “recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world” (from the Preamble of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights). Thus I recognize that any politician’s response to the Pledge and this Manifesto and the in-depth Treatise will be a “litmus test” that will reveal their hearts and minds as fundamentally human and democratic or fundamentally anti-human and ultimately (if ignorantly) totalitarian. Politicians who “take the Pledge” or otherwise support it and do not oppose nor attack it nor try to come up with scholarly-sounding “intellectual gymnastics” to excuse themselves from the plain history and the plain logic of Human Rights and Freedoms which it reveals, will prove themselves “safe” politicians for humans to vote for. But The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy makes any continuation of the current anti-democratic “Pro-Choice” trends of “Creeping Totalitarianism” (and any attempted stifling of the message and free expression of The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy) stand out for the “totalitarianism-on-the-way” they are, for voters to see. (“Pro-Choice” politicians and judges and doctors and so on who after a reasonable amount of time to adjust to the undisputed historical facts and plain, clear logic laid out in the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack still continue to support fundamentally anti-human and anti-democratic Pro-Choice policies can fairly be labeled “totalitarian creeps” to embarrass them into doing the right thing for all humanity). I note that the Pledge is in no way partisan: for no explainable reason in the U.S.A. and Canada for example there has been a bizarre political Left and political Right “polarization” on human life issues; but The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy is a call for ALL political parties Left and Right to “get back to their “Pro-Life” roots” if they have strayed; to get back to the long Western implicit assumption of the supreme and equal value of every human life without exception which undergirded the initial formation of ALL of our modern democracies and ALL their initial political parties of “Left” and “Right,” both of which in the past have at times wisely governed, bringing their people prosperity and at times have less wisely governed. In a true and healthy democracy, parties politically “Left” or “Right” (which are just different general approaches to governing) should both be able to try to convince voters they have the better plan or platform for dealing with the current issues of governance while voters can rest assured that ALL parties believe in and uphold the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, perhaps because all politicians are required to take the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy or some Oath of Office like it that ensures politicians are safe for humans to vote for. The vital importance of this fundamental human safety of politicians being well established so Democracy can last is illustrated by this true story: Cars were newly invented in the early 20th Century and only rich people owned cars. One popular leader effectively said, “I think every family in my country should have a car. I am going to work hard to make it possible for every family in my country to have a car. We will call it the “car of the people.” In the language of that country, “car of the people” was “volkswagen” (and it was a truly good idea!). The country was Germany. The leader was Adolf Hitler. This true story should put the policies of political parties into their proper perspective, to best guide our votes. Hitler was democratically elected President of Germany because many of his party’s policies were popular for various reasons. This shows it ultimately does not matter how good a political party’s OTHER policies are; if they get the VALUE OF HUMAN LIFE wrong, humans will suffer under their government and Democracy cannot last long-term. The degradation and eventual loss of Democracy in Germany to “Creeping Totalitarianism” was entirely predictable because Hitler and his “National Socialist” or “Nazi” Party manifestly did not believe in the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy which establish that every human life without exception, without discrimination, and “without distinction of any kind” is supremely and equally valuable and the government is always obligated to protect and serve humans who are always precious. How many people today like 1930s Germans have voted for politicians and parties who also manifestly do not believe every human life without exception and without discrimination and “without distinction of any kind” is EQUAL and PRECIOUS (that is, voted for politicians and parties who were not “Pro-Life” but officially “Pro-Choice,” discriminating against young humans located in the womb in a total failure to recognize “the inherent dignity” and “the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family” which the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights said “is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.”)? The current degradation of Democracy, increasingly compromised by “Creeping Totalitarianism,” which motivated the Pledge and this Manifesto and the Treatise, is likewise entirely predictable when people vote for politicians who manifestly do not believe in the fundamentally “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, politicians who do not even believe that Human Rights are for all humans equally. Why should anyone expect Democracy to last wherever politicians who do not even believe in the First Principles of Democracy (which nothing holds them accountable to) are voted for? So you cannot say that whether preborn humans have Human Rights is just a matter of “opinion” and “politics.” In Pre-World War II Europe, whether Jewish humans had full human citizen rights was also considered just a matter of “opinion” and “politics.” Females too have been denied their legal human personhood despite their undisputable humanity. The Pledge and Manifesto and the Treatise they are based on amply demonstrate that the immense and equal precious value of every human life without exception (whether Black, Jewish, female or preborn, who are all equally and undisputedly scientifically, biologically human) is the absolutely vital and indispensable Foundational Principle of Human Rights and Democracy #1 that simply cannot be left in the realm of “opinion” and “politics” in any democracy which wants to STAY a democracy and not eventually fall to “Creeping Totalitarianism,” but citizens and especially politicians must be held constitutionally and effectively accountable to this logical foundation of Democracy in any democracy which wants to remain a democracy. Thus now that the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy have been laid plain for all to see, the ignorance of these foundations laid so long ago will not be an excuse for much longer. In all fairness, for a limited time, “Pro-Choice” politicians and judges will be able to claim they were only ignorant and not evil in their “Pro-Choice” opposition to the “Pro-Life” foundations of all Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms, and freedom-lovers and lovers of humanity can graciously allow them some time to “do the right thing for humanity” and make the necessary philosophical adjustments into holding the traditional Western values that are necessary to stop the current “freight-train” which was “creeping” towards totalitarianism but currently is increasingly picking up speed towards the dissolution of Democracy as in 1930s Germany (progressing through the same stages). In the meantime, for as long as officially “Pro-Choice” political parties (especially ones which totalitarian-style do not even allow their members to vote their conscience on human life issues nor allow them to democratically represent their “Pro-Life” constituents who actually believe in the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy) are able to convince voters to elect them into power, this is not a sign of a functioning democracy giving the people what they want; rather it is a sign of a democracy in advanced decay whose people are so out of touch with Democracy’s foundations that they could ask for and democratically vote in leaders who do not even believe in the foundations of Democracy (like in 1930s Germany). Thus, because I recognize how essential it is to the long-term continuance of Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms that political belief in the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy be a “level playing field” among all politicians in my country (whether they be “Left” or “Right” and however their OTHER policies compare), in order to help train politicians to know an electorate EDUCATED in the origins of Human Rights and Democracy very reasonably expects this minimum commitment to Democracy from them, I pledge to not vote for any politician who does not even believe in the Foundations of Democracy or does not credibly demonstrate this which should be a bare minimum requirement for any politician in any healthy and LASTING democracy. Knowing that only a “critical mass” of such votes in democratically significant numbers will actually move politicians and political parties to align themselves with the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy in order to ensure they get votes (and knowing Hitler’s National Socialist (Nazi) Party came to power because voters were not knowledgeable enough of nor committed enough to the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy to make the kind of votes which would have allowed Democracy in Germany to last), as a “New Abolitionist” I pledge to (like the original Abolitionists who ended slavery, whose underlying values I share) encourage others to vote this way in Solidarity with myself and others who believe in the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, the educated knowledge of which I pledge to spread to others along with The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy, because I recognize that for the long-term safety of humanity in my country, we cannot afford the luxury of voting according to lesser policies (however good they might be – remember “the car of the people”) as long as the foundational immense and equal value of every human life which the government is always obligated to protect is not assured, as it was not before the original Abolitionists ended slavery and has not been at least since the de-criminalization of abortion in my country.
- [Rough Draft Article] Again, I thankfully recognize that in most countries it is probably mostly ignorance of both “Pro-Choice” politicians and voters (rather than political design as in Nazi Germany) that is driving the current trend of “Creeping Totalitarianism” which is currently undermining Human Rights and Freedoms (more slowly though by the same small stages as in Nazi Germany) – though history teaches us that political opportunists waiting until conditions are right to create or manipulate an unstable situation as an excuse to “take over” cannot be ruled out (Hitler himself used a terrorist attack of Communist forces as an excuse to be voted “emergency powers” which formally ended Democracy in Germany). Still, on the gracious assumption that most “Pro-Choice” politicians and voters are more ignorant than they are evil (though their response to The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy will test this), as a lover of freedom and democracy, I have reason to hope that the worldwide grassroots movement behind The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and this New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity will be heeded by currently “Pro-Choice” politicians and voters, who once made aware will correct their current ignorance of vital facts of the history and the logic of Human Rights and Freedoms and get The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack; I have reason to hope that with such education of the underlying ignorance driving current “Creeping Totalitarianism,” the restoration of the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy to their proper place in any lasting democracy, constitutionally enshrined as the “guiding principles” of each government’s laws and policies and of societal standards for the just treatment of humans and human safety, can be accomplished before the current “Creeping Totalitarianism” advances to the point of violent governmental or grassroots opposition to the “Pro-Human Rights” / “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” / “Pro-Life” message. Although I have great hope this violence will be avoided, I acknowledge history teaches us such is very possible, and some of our compromised democracies are currently closer to eventually crossing this line than others. I recognize that our modern democracies are in widely various stages of decay due to “Creeping Totalitarianism” because they ignorantly followed the violent totalitarian Soviet and Nazi precedent of de-criminalizing abortion (already doing murderous violence upon preborn human lives who had been protected as precious since 318 AD) and thus already technically erasing all genuine Human Rights by not even any longer legally acknowledging the primary Inherent Human Right to Live. Already such “Pro-Choice” (“Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans”) governments have made a mockery of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights (see The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy Article 23). Such governments are capable of anything (that is, governments which are already so grossly ignorant of the history of where Human Rights and Freedoms come from and which have already proven quite determined to stay ignorant and ignore the plain logic that Human Rights inhere in ALL humans or else they are meaningless, are capable of anything evil). Why should we humans trust such governments which are no longer guided by the traditional Western “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” or “Pro-Life” principles which historically and logically gave us modern Human Rights and Freedoms in the first place? I recognize that some jurisdictions are already today much closer to such violent persecution than most realize; already some jurisdictions are in parallel situations to 1917 Mexico which then passed laws and policies not right away strictly enforced (which lulled the populace into false security since their day-to-day lives did not change much at first), policies restricting religious freedom specifically of Christians whose principles include the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy; policies which included the indoctrination of schoolchildren in anti-traditional, anti-Christian values through mandatory public education which undermined the (traditional Western, Judeo-Christian) worldview that underlies Human Rights and Democracy. Only 9 years later in 1926 these policies and laws became strictly enforced by government and police with arrests and violence; soon followed up by even more restrictive laws violently enforced (religious freedom to practice the Christianity underlying all Human Rights was revoked from majority Catholic Christians and their Christian worship services were broken up by police). Ignorance of history has already brought our democracies to the current “Creeping Totalitarianism” because of disrespect for the Christian origins of Human Rights and it would be the height of historical ignorance to think such arrests and violence in enforcing restrictive and anti-Christian policies ALREADY ON THE BOOKS IN SOME JURISDICTIONS (bringing with it full-blown totalitarianism no longer “creeping”) cannot happen again. Like in 1917 Mexico, it could happen within a decade or two even if for now most people’s day-to-day lives have little changed. Indeed, others knowledgeable of history and observant in the current “signs of the times” have predicted it: Cardinal Francis George, Archbishop Emeritus of Chicago in the United States, famously said in 2010:
“I expect to die in bed [which he did in 2015], my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Whether I am Christian or not, I recognize that it is obvious that the current ignoring and silencing of the Christian (or the “Pro-Life”) message in the public sphere (which message includes The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy), when followed by the open, violent persecution of Christians to ensure that silence, if or when that comes in any country, will represent nothing less than the formal end of Democracy in that country for all citizens (Christian or not) who will no longer have the democratic freedom to learn, believe in, spread or live by the (historically Christian) Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy without serious negative consequences. There is already current “soft” persecution of Christians and other “Pro-Lifers” (especially doctors and medical professionals, teachers, and government workers, even elected representatives) in many countries, which has already seriously compromised genuine Democracy in many Western nations since the abandonment of Christianity as the source of Western nations’ “guiding principles” and the following de-criminalization of abortion which legally negated the Inherent Human Right to Live on which Democracy is built; so if or when this current “soft” persecution is followed by the “hard” persecution of arrests and violence (and there have already been some arrests of peaceful “Pro-Life” protestors near abortion clinics, warning us this is coming), at that time all pretense of continued Democracy in our current “DINO”s (“Democracies In Name Only”) will be lost.
I recognize that the longer it takes for freedom-loving citizens (Christian or not) in any country to get The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack and (by taking the Pledge or otherwise) stand up together in Solidarity (with other educated citizens) for the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, the more likely it is that Cardinal George’s prediction of the coming democracy-ending persecution of those who believe in the historically Christian Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy will come true in their country; I recognize that history teaches us that the longer people who believe in the First Principles of Democracy do not stand up in Solidarity for them, they may delay personal “soft” persecution for a while longer but the stronger and more violent the “hard” persecution of human-life-and-freedom-lovers will be when it comes (and, as in 1930s Germany, it is guaranteed to come eventually if nobody stands up against “Creeping Totalitarianism” in the earlier stages).
However, I speak positively with the author of The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and this New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity that I believe that there is still time avoid Cardinal George’s prediction of the coming open persecution of Christians and others who believe in the traditional Western (Judeo-Christian) values which Human Rights and Democracy are built on – IF the message of warning and solution in The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and this New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity is heeded and not ignored or opposed. IF citizens who already believe in the “Pro-Human-Rights” / “Pro-Life” traditional Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy heed the warning and stand up together in Solidarity for them before our compromised democracies become any more “Creeping Totalitarian” than they already are; and IF the “Pro-Choice” forces in any country prove more ignorant than evil (as I charitably assume), and thus do not vigorously oppose the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy but are converted by its undisputed historical facts which they had been completely ignorant of and its clear logical sense which makes them finally realize that they have been unwittingly contributing to the eventual end of genuine Human Rights and Freedoms for everyone and so they finally come to their senses and choose to oppose the current “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” / anti-democratic / “Creeping Totalitarian” trend (doing the right thing for all humanity even if it means giving up whatever personal or selfish advantage at the expense of human lives it may have been for them to be “Pro-Choice” – the convenience of killing their unwanted child or the money from trading fetal-age human corpses in the abortion industry, etc.).
I recognize that whatever the defects of the current (second) drafts of the Treatise, the Pledge, and this Manifesto (which are still being developed for improvement in consultation with other scholars and have not been professionally edited), there are no reasonable ways for “Pro-Choice” individuals or governmental forces to avoid or ignore the thrust of the facts and the logic of these documents, which present from mostly well-known (at least to scholars), easily verifiable and undisputed historical facts and easy-to-follow, clear logic (including the full text of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in its 1948 historical context which Article 23 of The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy shows cannot reasonably be interpreted in any way which allows the legal abortion of pre-born humans which effectively negates the inherent human dignity the Declaration proclaims). I do sadly expect that those who most benefit personally and selfishly from the massive degradation of human life generally and degradation of Human Rights for everybody caused by “Pro-Choice” philosophy and the big-money abortion industry literally following in the footsteps of the totalitarian Soviets and Nazis who were the first to de-criminalize abortion since it was abolished in the 4th Century, will be strongly inclined to use all their vast lobbying resources to oppose The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy movement, but they now dare not do so strongly because in doing so they can now be clearly seen to be “totalitarian creeps” and enemies of Democracy. There simply are no legitimate reasons to oppose or stifle the free expression and spread of The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and its Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy which are for the most part just stated in different words in the first sentence of the Preamble to the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights produced by the then-brand-new United Nations specifically to ensure any repeat of the Nazi degradations of human life (which included legal abortion) never happened again; there are only totalitarian belief-control reasons to oppose the historic movement begun by Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy which has the potential to see to it that Human Rights and Freedoms last throughout the 3rd Millennium (perhaps even one day in the future becoming viewed by history as the “Magna Carta” of the 3rd Millennium which allowed Human Rights and Democracy to overcome “Creeping Totalitarianism” and last throughout the 3rd Millennium – recalling how the original 2nd Millennium Magna Carta started (Christian) Britain on its 2nd Millennium model gradual development of modern Human Rights and Democracy without any bloody revolution, the (Christian) British Empire then spreading these throughout the world).
I recognize that now that the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and this Manifesto and the in-depth reflective Treatise The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack they are based on have laid plain the “golden threads” throughout history which logically undergirded and gave us our Human Rights and Freedoms, any “Pro-Choice” governmental or grassroots civilian opposition to The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy (or to the “Pro-Life” / “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” message) clearly labels itself ultimately totalitarian, and an enemy of free speech (particularly free speech of the First Principles underlying Democracy itself), directly proving the truths asserted in The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy by its very opposition to them. The only way to refute the facts of the Pledge and this Manifesto and the Treatise they are based on is to burn all the libraries and pretend that 1700 years of Western Christian Civilization never happened (and any attempt to do so would be a clearly totalitarian attempt at control of humans through rewriting history). The only way to refute the logic is to brain-damage the populace so they are more docile and controllable and cannot see the simple logic that of course the “Pro-Life” position that every human life without exception is supremely and equally precious, such that the government is always obligated to protect and serve human lives, is far, far more conducive to the long-term maintenance of democracy than is the “Pro-Choice” position which agrees with every totalitarian State in history that human lives are NOT inherently precious and the government is NOT obligated to always protect and serve human lives, but the government can legislate which human lives it will or will not protect from being killed (in direct contradiction to the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights which starts by declaring in its Preamble “recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,” and therefore Human Rights are for all humans “without distinction of any kind” – Article 2). Any attempt to escape the logic of the “Pro-Life” / “Pro-Human-Rights” message this way would of course be akin to the science-fiction totalitarianism of the dystopian Brave New World by Aldous Huxley – which, interestingly, featured not only the State brain-damaging the lower, working classes to make them more docile and controllable, but also pacifying and controlling the human masses through unrestricted sexuality/sex addiction and drugs – uncomfortably close to today’s Western “Creeping Totalitarian” democracies since the Sexual Revolution which are now calling for the de-criminalization of drugs like marijuana! Easy sex and drugs distracts, entertains and pacifies an unthinking populace who are not educated enough in where Human Rights and Freedoms come from to object as their governments very slowly take them away (I am not certain which is more disturbing – if our Western politicians are gradually but systematically dismantling genuine Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms, according to very similar small stages as in Nazi Germany, by design like the Nazis, or (more likely) just by ignorance – but either way Democracy cannot last if current “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” trends continue and ignorant voters keep voting for such politicians).
Whether I am Christian or not, I recognize that the current worldwide trend of “Creeping Totalitarianism” can only get worse the more the Christian source of the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy is disrespected and marginalized, remaining no longer the respected source of Western Civilization’s “guiding principles.” But in any healthy, functioning, lasting democracy where the citizens have freedom of opinion, freedom of speech and freedom of expression, there can be no possible legitimate reason to stifle, oppose, restrict from being publicly expressed, or to otherwise silence in any way the Christian message; the related “Pro-Life” message; or the related message of the Pledge, this Manifesto, and the Treatise (which prove the close historical and logical connection of traditional, Christian, “Pro-Life” beliefs to all Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms as their First Principles). So any citizen, politician or government which attempts in any way to oppose or to limit the free expression and practice of the Christian or the “Pro-Life” messages generally, or of the Pledge (with its “Flag of Democracy”) more specifically, is literally opposing Human Rights and lasting democracy. Truly democratic politicians and governments have nothing at all to fear from the free expression of the Foundational Principles which historically and logically undergird all Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms. Only “totalitarian creep” politicians who whether by gross ignorance or by design are actively progressing “Creeping Totalitarianism” in their government at the expense of genuine Human Rights and Freedoms have any reason to ignore, oppose or hinder the free expression of either Christianity; the “Pro-Life” movement; or The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy. The totalitarian government of the brutal ancient Roman West, which was in charge of what citizens may or may not believe, and was in charge of the human life and death of its human subjects, was right to try so hard to brutally and violently stamp out Christianity if they wanted their oppressive and totalitarian form of government to continue, because Christianity teaches the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy which make humans truly free, their precious human lives to be protected and served by the State, and no longer servants of the State which tells them what they may or may not believe and holds their very human lives in the State’s hands. Similarly, any government (or politician) which tries to discredit or silence Christianity’s voice in the guidance of public policy is likewise undemocratically (if ignorantly) motivated to maintain at least a “Creeping Totalitarianism” which is ultimately oppressive to human life and freedom.
Whether I am Christian or not, I recognize that because the facts and logic implicitly underlying all Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms (built solidly on traditional Western, Christian values including The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy) have now been made plain for all to see by The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy (and the Antidote to Any Degree of “Creeping Totalitarianism), this New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity, and the treatise The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack, from now on anti-traditional, “Pro-Choice” (that is, “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans”) citizens, politicians, political parties, and governments will not be able to oppose the new worldwide grassroots movement to restore the “Pro-Life” Christian Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy as Western governments’ “guiding principles” without looking either uneducated/ignorant; illogical; unintelligent; or evil. Because everyone is ignorant of something before they are educated in it, there is no shame in admitting ignorance, and so from now on “to save face” all current “Pro-Choicers,” citizens or doctors or politicians/judges, will have to claim they were merely ignorant (and being educated, will now abandon the ultimately anti-democratic and “Creeping Totalitarian” “Pro-Choice” position). If in their pride they still bristle at having to do this, they should remember if they do not claim ignorance, then they declare themselves either unintelligent or evil, and ultimately “totalitarian creeps” (especially politicians who refuse to support the “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy which are now proven absolutely vital to lasting democracy). Claiming mere ignorance is the best way to “save face” after years of following the totalitarian Soviet and Nazi precedent of de-criminalizing abortion and bringing the West to the brink of totalitarianism because you did not even know that killing humans is wrong.
- Whether I am Christian or not, I recognize the following historical realities: that the Bible says “if the Son [Jesus Christ] sets you free, you will be free indeed” (John 8:36), and despite the many imperfections and failures of Christians through history in living the extremely high Christian standards, still just by (imperfectly) aiming for them Christianity brought previously unknown levels of freedom into the world, as well as previously unknown high standards of health care and education to be provided free as much as possible (initially by Christian missionaries and religious orders who invented hospitals, Western Christian Civilization’s governments then eventually also taking on this role) just because that is most appropriate to the supreme and equal dignity of human PERSONS as Christianity understands them. From the 4th Century to the 20th (17 Centuries of Western Christian Civilization) the greatest social reformers in history were dedicated Christians calling their societies and governments to better practice the high Christian standards of Love for every human, like 4th Century Bishop Saint Ambrose’s brave insistence which first curtailed the government’s previously unrestricted power of life and death over humans; de Vitoria, Suárez, Gentili and Grotius, the Christian founders of International Law which protects Human Rights anywhere in the world; Evangelical Christian William Wilberforce ending slavery in the British Empire (and raising standards of human health care and education – as well as founding The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Wilberforce was called “the conscience of the [British] Empire” – and his was a dedicated Christian conscience that ended British slavery and set the example for the former British colony of America); the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. helping lead the American Civil Rights movement; Saint Vincent de Paul and Mother Teresa and many other Christians greatly improving conditions for the poor and ill in the countries they lived in.
All of this happened because the uniquely Christian Biblical religious insight that God IS Love means that humans best serve God and best reach their human potential and purpose by overcoming selfish self-interest and loving every human who was lovingly created by God equally precious (in God’s Image, as Biblical Judaism had previously established), who desires to adopt every human into God’s loving Family (on Earth, the Church). It is indeed very challenging to live this way, individually or as a society (the Church of adopted believers on Earth itself being made of imperfect humans with all their weaknesses), but this is the historic religious truth that historically gave Western Civilization its highest ideals to strive for which just in the trying to live gradually turned Western Christian Civilization from brutal to humane and from totalitarian to democratic, as individuals, politicians, and whole societies struggled with the immense but exceptionally fruitful challenge to live by the high Christian standard of selfless love for other humans – just the very imperfect but persistent trying eventually establishing and articulating Human Rights (starting with the Inherent Human Right to Live) which ALL governments are obligated to protect; and modern Democracy built on these Human Rights. Western Christian Civilization, even with all its weak human faults, colonized the rest of the world and spread this uniquely Christian challenge of love and Human Rights for all humans who deserve to be served by their governments to non-Christian societies which had never known God is Love and had never known the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy which are rooted entirely in that uniquely Christian truth.
- So in review: Christianity’s “Pro-Life” Principles, which are Christianity’s great gift to Western Civilization which turned it from brutal to humane, which are the underlying Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Modern Democracy, are:
(Principle 1) the supreme and equal precious value and dignity and PERSONHOOD (a Christian-Invented Theological Term) of every human life without exception, and without discrimination or distinction of any kind, which OBLIGATES governments to protect and serve always-precious human lives (rooted in God’s infinite Love for all humanity created in the Image of the One God in Three PERSONS who IS Love, specifically in order to be adopted into God’s Loving Family); and
(Principle 2) the logically following necessity that human life must be FREE from all government coercion in matters of religious faith and first order questions of meaning and purpose in life, in order that humans may FREELY seek and find this above wonderful truth about human existence that they are EQUAL and PRECIOUS (a necessity rooted in God Himself giving humanity Free Will so that humanity would be capable of LOVE, which must be freely given to be Love).
These historic Christian principles are given a mature articulation which incorporates phrases from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Articles 1-5 of Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy. There is no way to reasonably deny that Christianity’s above historic “Pro-Life” / “Pro-Human-Rights” principles are the origin, the historical and logical foundation, of our modern Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms which developed only in Western Christian Civilization proceeding logically from these foundational First Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, and there is no way to reasonably deny that these “Pro-Life” (“Pro-Human-Right-to-Live”) principles are the best possible long-term guarantee of Human Rights and Democracy (what other principles could possibly guarantee Human Rights and Democracy, including Human Rights to health care and education for all, near as well?).
- Thus (whether I am Christian or not) I recognize that if I am silent in the face of so many new uncomfortable Pro-Choice and anti-democratic policies (which in many jurisdictions now even include totalitarian-style-belief-control in the form of public “education” indoctrination (without democratic mandate) in anti-traditional, anti-Christian values concerning precious human life and the precious process which generates it), if I allow myself to be bullied into silence by those who ignorantly do not believe in the originally Christian and utterly “Pro-Life” Foundational First Principles of Democracy, then I am just like the many good Germans in the 1930s who put up with each seemingly small new discomfort foolishly thinking “surely it cannot get any worse than this.” It could and it did get much worse by many small stages, eventually cumulating up to the point of the total loss of Democracy via “Creeping Totalitarianism” and the gross violation of Human Rights in Nazi Germany, simply because all those who believed in the historic “Pro-Life” principles undergirding all Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms did not stand up in Solidarity against the erosion of Democracy’s “Pro-Life” Foundation.
- Hence I recognize that Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms can only last in my country for the long-term if the “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” or simply “Pro-Life” “Culture of Life” upholding intrinsic and equal human preciousness free from government coercion wins this current cultural war against the “Pro-Choice-To-Kill-Humans” or simply “Pro-Choice” “Culture of Death.” Thus, for the sake of the long continuance of Human Rights and Freedoms, I dedicate myself to educating myself and others in “the education necessary to preserve Democracy now under attack” (which is the name of the treatise which Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy encapsulates in less detail but in shorter form) and in other ways helping the “Culture of Life” to win this “cultural war” against “the Culture of Death” for the safety of all humanity.
- I recognize that although the various “Pro-Choice” and other fundamentally anti-democratic and anti-traditional-values trends, movements and forces in my country may look daunting, no anti-democratic forces ever looked stronger than the Soviet Union, but the Solidarity movement starting in Poland (inspired by the Christian Polish Pope John Paul II) undermined anti-democratic hardline Communist Totalitarianism in the Soviet/Eastern Bloc countries so that democracy could flourish where it had been compromised and extinguished, and Solidarity behind the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy(and the Flag of Democracy designed to go with it) can similarly restore Human Rights and democratic freedoms where they have been compromised by anti-democratic “Creeping Totalitarianism.” I recognize that Poland, after its Solidarity movement of Christians standing up for traditional, democracy-grounding Western (Christian) values played a major role in ending Soviet totalitarianism, has since even reclaimed its democracy-grounding Christian heritage from the “Creeping Totalitarianism” affecting the rest of the West, by in October 2016 declaring Jesus “King of Poland” in a ceremony attended by the elected President of Poland who approved of this designation. Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms will last wherever the traditional Western, (Judeo-)Christian values they are built on are affirmed, and if Poland can defeat full-blown Soviet totalitarianism and restore its traditional Christian heritage as the nation’s “guiding principles” so Democracy can last instead of being undermined by “Creeping Totalitarianism,” so can my country also restore a lasting democracy uncompromised by “Creeping Totalitarianism” by standing up together in Solidarity for the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy and insisting on the implementation of the Core Principles of Lasting Democracy. I recognize that the traditional Christian “guiding principles” include religious freedom for all citizens, Christian or not, so there is no threat to non-Christians in restoring the traditional Christian heritage of Western nations (since Christianity by its own principles must be accepted freely, as a free gift of love for God, and not coerced in individuals even though for democracy to last its human-life affirming principles must be the national government’s “guiding principles”).
Thus I recognize that for democracy to last in any country a “critical mass” of citizens (whether they are Christian or not) must not only believe in the historical and logical First Principles of Human Rights and Democracy articulated here and in the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy (and contained within the traditional Western values recent policies have so abandoned), but must stand up for them together in Solidarity, not accepting policies and indoctrination violating these traditional values and principles which make them uncomfortable (often undemocratically imposed and/or implemented without consultation), but holding politicians in democracies accountable to the above First Principles of Democracy (for example, by in “critical mass” numbers refusing to vote for politicians who manifestly do not believe in the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy and do not act in accordance with them or who refuse to take the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy which would show them safe for humans who love their Human Rights and democratic freedoms to vote for – in democratically significant numbers letting political parties know they must offer genuinely “Pro-Human-Rights” candidates – which ideally should be a minimum requirement for politicians in democracies – if they want the votes of educated citizens who know where Human Rights and Freedoms come from). Therefore, I pledge to learn well the above Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, making use of educational resources such as those produced by Human Rights and Freedoms Forever! (http://protecthumanrightsandfreedoms.ourchur.ch) including the treatise The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack (on which Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and this New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity are based); and I pledge to share and spread this knowledge of the historical and logical foundations of Democracy which helps citizens of democratic countries to THINK about Human Rights and freedoms from their First Principles and the logical process which gave them to us so that we can achieve the necessary “critical mass” of citizens dedicated to Democracy standing up for Democracy in Solidarity so that Democracy may last for the long-term in each country.
- [Rough Draft Article] Recognizing that patience and dedication to this vital cause are necessary for the eventual victory that preserves human life and freedom, I pledge to do whatever I can to patiently and consistently help implement the following “Winning Strategy for ‘The Culture of Life’ to WIN the ‘Cultural War’ with ‘The Culture of Death,’ to Save Humanity Forever from ‘Creeping Totalitarianism’ ”:
- [Rough Draft Article] Background to “The Winning Strategy”: The Slave Trade Precedent and the Original Abolitionists. I recognize that political change is either directed “Top-Down” – from the leaders leading the people in new attitudes which “trickle down;” or “Bottom-Up” – from the people at the “grassroots” level (like me!) together convincing the leaders to adopt new attitudes which “bubble up.” I recognize that slavery in the British Empire lasted so long because many of the political leaders in the government representing the populace (as well as many citizens) benefitted in some way from the “big business” of the Slave Trade; and citizens generally, whether they were inclined to approve of slavery or not, were not motivated to make substantial effort to change the prevailing “status quo” of legal slavery, partly because they did not usually see the worst of the degradations of human life involved in the Slave Trade (like the fact 2/3 of a shipload of African slaves shackled closely together like sardines and covered in their own waste might die before they even arrived where they were to be sold). Even if most were not actively for slavery, and even if most if they thought about it (which they usually did not) agreed that there was something wrong about one human owning another, the inertia of things “staying the way things are” set in and there was no political will to end slavery from either the “top” or the “bottom.” But a small number of dedicated, principled people at the grassroots who had learned the truth about slavery – who first educated and then followed William Wilberforce, a devout Christian elected Member of Parliament with far too few like-minded fellows – very gradually, over decades, managed to educate enough of the population in the full realities of slavery (and how it violated the human dignity which Christianity had taught the West to recognize so that Human Rights and Democracy could develop), that eventually sizeable numbers of the citizens who make up the electorate were vocally opposed to the Slave Trade. This growing number of actively politically involved citizens called on their elected representatives to end slavery just because it was the right thing to do for all humanity, even if (as the Pro-Slavery side objected) the British Empire might suffer in some ways from the lack of such a profitable trade (though only until human ingenuity could figure out better ways to govern and prosper without violating human dignity and worth). Gradually more elected representatives started listening to their now more educated constituents who they were supposed to represent, and eventually took up the Abolitionist cause for the Abolition of Slavery in Britain’s Parliament. As a more educated electorate and more educated politicians representing them came to understand just what slavery was actually like and just how it unconscionably violated human dignity, eventually the Abolitionist movement gained the necessary momentum to overcome the inertia of the status quo of legal slavery that had kept the Slave Trade going for so long. Eventually there was the necessary “critical mass” of educated citizens calling for the abolition of legal slavery that their elected representatives in Parliament finally enacted the will of the people to do what was always right and necessary for humanity (even when it was not popular) and they ended legal slavery in the British Empire (sadly, because America was no longer part of the Empire, legal slavery continued there for longer; and it unfortunately took a civil war there to finally abolish the Slave Trade even though it violated basic Human Rights).
I recognize that our current Western situation has very many parallels to Abolitionist history. Many political leaders (and citizens) have no interest in abolishing abortion (or euthanasia) because they benefit in some way from this human-killing, whether from convenience, or the profits of the big-money abortion industry (or saving the money it takes to actually care for the old, sick, and handicapped when it is so much cheaper to euthanize/kill them), and so on (just like so many benefitted from the Slave Trade and so were not inclined to oppose it even on principle). Citizens generally, whether they approve of legal abortion and/or euthanasia or they do not, are not motivated to make substantial effort to change the prevailing “status quo,” partly because they usually do not see the worst of the degradations of human life involved in the abortion industry – this evil is even more invisible than slavery was (though most did not see Black slaves being worked to death in plantations or dying on over-crowded slave ships, one did at least occasionally see a Black slave whose human personhood and Human Rights were denied; no one sees aborted young humans whose human personhood and Inherent Human Right to Live were denied, even though they may have traces of an aborted human’s unique individual human DNA injected into their arm in a vaccine made from aborted fetal-age human “cell lines,” since the pharmaceutical companies are never able to get all of the human host cell’s DNA out of the final product vaccine). I recognize that today we have the additional factor that with the advance of “Creeping Totalitarianism,” many citizens who object to abortion have lost all faith in the political system (after decades of it ignoring the “Pro-Life” voice which speaks the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy), and are simply resigned to the (false) idea that the government will never listen to them and they cannot do anything to change things for the sake of humanity anyway. The inertia of things “staying the way they are” like with legal slavery keeps legal abortion going as most even who are against it are not committed to actual political action to stop it (also like the good Germans who did not agree with how the Nazi government was changing their country also did not stand up in solidarity for Human Rights for all humans). However, I recognize that the Abolitionists proved that a small group of dedicated, principled citizens who believe that every human life without exception is equally precious CAN in fact gradually educate themselves and others until there is eventually a “critical mass” of educated citizens who believe in these Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy AND are willing to stand up for them, who once they have these democratically significant numbers eventually CAN persuade their government to overcome the inertia of “the way things are” and do the right thing for all humanity by abolishing whatever most degrades human life – for the original Abolitionists, legal slavery, and for New Abolitionists today, legal abortion.
I recognize that in fact, much of what Abolitionist leader William Wilberforce spoke or wrote in his successful Abolitionist efforts to end legal slavery in Britain applies perfectly to “Pro-Life” efforts to end legal abortion simply because both legal slavery and legal abortion violate the same historic Christian “Pro-Life” principle of the supreme and equal value and dignity of every human life without exception. I recognize that “Pro-Lifers” are literally the New Abolitionists calling for the Abolition of Legal Abortion for exactly the same reasons the original Abolitionists called for the Abolition of Legal Slavery. To quote William Wilberforce after he revealed the truth about the widespread violation of the very same “Pro-Life” principles of the supreme and equal value and dignity of every human life in his day, which was legal slavery rooted in ignorant bigotry against Black humans (instead of today’s violations of legal abortion rooted in ignorant bigotry against preborn humans and legal euthanasia related to bigotry against handicapped and elderly “unproductive” humans,”),
You may choose to look the other way but you can never say again that you did not know.
As Wilberforce did not let ignorance and denial stand to keep legal slavery alive, and through patient and determined education even of those who did not wish to be educated, he was eventually successful in ending legal slavery in his nation so it would not continue to compromise genuine democracy, in the same way The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy, this New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity, and the treatise they are based on The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack, intend to not let ignorance and denial stand to keep legal abortion (and euthanasia) alive, so they do not continue to compromise genuine democracy (may these tools be blessed with the success of Wilberforce!).
I recognize that the following quote from Wilberforce’s Speech before the British House of Commons on April 18, 1791, about the “bloody traffic” of slavery, possibly applies even better to legal abortion’s “shameful denial” of the human nature of preborn humans (in violation of the “Pro-Life” / “Pro-Human-Rights” principle of the immense and equal value of every human life without exception) than it did to its original context of legal slavery wherein the same principle of valuable humanity was denied to Black humans, especially when keeping in mind that aborted fetal-age human babies are not just killed but their dead body parts are (like live Black slaves) sold (or otherwise traded when they technically cannot be “sold” legally), for research and to make health and beauty products including vaccines (see “Consumer Cannibalism” in Chapter 4 of The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack – at least the Black slaves were not killed before they were sold):
Let us not despair; it is a blessed cause, and success, ere long, will crown our exertions. Already we have gained one victory; we have obtained, for these poor creatures, the recognition of their human nature, which, for a while was most shamefully denied. This is the first fruits of our efforts; let us persevere and our triumph will be complete. Never, never will we desist till we have wiped away this scandal from the Christian name, released ourselves from the load of guilt, under which we at present labour, and extinguished every trace of this bloody traffic, of which our posterity, looking back to the history of these enlightened times, will scarce believe that it has been suffered to exist so long a disgrace and dishonour to this country.
I recognize that there can be absolutely no doubt that William Wilberforce, the dedicated Abolitionist of slavery, speaking from the very same Christian and “Pro-Life” principle of the supreme and equal dignity of every human life without exception with which he originally spoke these words of legal slavery, would speak the same words about legal abortion if he were here today (Wilberforce even founded The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals which he recognized did NOT have the immense dignity of humans, as preborn and Black humans do, yet they are still God’s creatures and even they deserve to be treated respectfully not cruelly). Wilberforce would undoubtedly now speak out about the “recognition” of preborn human nature “most shamefully denied” by “Pro-Choicers;” about the “scandal” and “the load of guilt under which we at present labour” for “this bloody traffic” of abortion (bloody enough on its own) and the big-money abortion industry selling or trading human corpses to be used for research and development of products (including food testing, as the American company Senomyx does. Wilberforce would of course condemn legal abortion’s “bloody traffic” in baby human body parts, recently exposed in videos of high-ranking Planned Parenthood abortionists). Wilberforce would surely again predict that history looking back on our era “will scarce believe that” legal abortion “has been suffered to exist so long a disgrace and dishonour to this country [whichever country in which abortion is legal].” And so, like Wilberforce encouraged Abolitionists to persevere in upholding Human Rights against the powerful Pro-Slavery forces I similarly encourage “Pro-Lifers” / New Abolitionists (and Democracy Pledgers) to persevere in upholding Human Rights against the powerful “Pro-Choice” Abortion forces in Wilberforce’s words:
Let us not despair; it [Pro-Life] is a blessed cause, and success, ere long, will crown our exertions . . . let us persevere and our triumph will be complete. Never, never will we desist till we have wiped away this scandal [of abortion], released ourselves from the load of guilt, under which we at present labour, and extinguished every trace of this bloody traffic [of abortion and the abortion industries], of which our posterity, looking back to the history of these enlightened times, will scarce believe that it has been suffered to exist so long a disgrace and dishonour to this country.
- [Rough Draft Article] I recognize that legal abortion is actually far, far more serious a threat to human life and liberty than legal slavery ever was, though thankfully the Abolitionist precedent in abolishing the Slave Trade guides us to the important “Winning Strategy” for similarly abolishing the Abortion Industry which does even more than slavery does to degrade human life and freedom. Legal slavery was concentrated into prejudice against Black humans as inferior though completely human, denying only African humans their Human Rights and proper democratic freedoms. Legal abortion is the prejudice against the Human Race itself, denying all Human Rights and freedoms, starting with the Inherent Human Right to Live, to EVERY human; NO human has a legally recognized Inherent Human Right to Live (much less an inherent right to “liberty and the pursuit of happiness,” nor any inherent right to a vote) wherever abortion is legal because ANY human can be legally aborted / killed before their birth. And this lack of the Inherent Human Right to Live which Democracy is historically and logically built on is literally creating the conditions necessary for an eventual totalitarian takeover. Since abortion was de-criminalized decades ago, people are already used to there being no legally recognized Inherent Human Right to Live just like in any totalitarian State. With this logically followed up by de-criminalized euthanasia now in more and more jurisdictions, people are getting even more used to the government being the highest authority, legislating human life and death and deciding which humans it values that it will protect and which humans it does not value and will not protect – just like in any totalitarian State (instead of the government being obligated to something higher than the government to protect ALL human lives, which was the traditional, Christian understanding everywhere Human Rights and Democracy ever developed). Thus already in some jurisdictions the government has already started to directly take away the democratic freedoms of some citizens (particularly of doctors and medical professionals who oppose anti-democratic human-killing); in some jurisdictions the government has already started totalitarian-style-belief-control in the form of mandatory public “education” in anti-traditional, anti-Christian values hostile to the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy; and while there are indeed protests against these recent measures (so far being largely ignored by the involved governments), any healthy democracy would have in far greater numbers called for the resignation of the politicians who were implementing such blatantly totalitarian policies which so blatantly restrict Human Rights and Freedoms (or would have voted them out instead of voting them in, like Germany voted in Hitler’s Nazis even though they knew the Nazis did not believe every human life was equally precious). In our current DINOs (“Democracies In Name Only), our populations have already been so cowed and gotten so used to just going along with whatever the government does (“even if I’m uncomfortable, I can’t do anything about it”), without holding the government accountable to uphold the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (like in Nazi Germany), that our democracies have already progressed through many of the early stages of the gradual loss of democracy in Germany by many small stages, and there simply is no good reasonable basis to believe we will remain democracies long-term unless the “Pro-Life” / “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy are restored to their proper place at the center of our democracies.
However, I recognize that there is hope. Since the current “Pro-Choice-to-Kill Humans” anti-democratic “Creeping Totalitarianism” seems to in many politicians and voters be fueled more by self-centered ignorance (though selfishness is a root of evil), rather than by thoroughly evil design (as in Nazi Germany), there is reason to hope this “Pro-Choice Abortion” ignorance may be eventually corrected through education, as directly related “Pro-Slavery” ignorance was. There is reason to hope in the eventual success of education such as the educational Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy, spread patiently and determinedly by “Pro-Life” / “Pro-Human-Rights” Democracy Pledgers and “New Abolitionists,” even to those who self-centeredly wish to remain in their ignorance (even at the expense of human lives) – just as the original Abolitionists patiently but consistently worked to educate the population/electorate in the very same Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy recognizing without exception equal and precious humanity, until there was sufficient political momentum to abolish the Slave Trade which similarly violated human dignity. So there is reason to hope, in the close precedent of the very patiently-worked-towards Abolition of Slavery. Our Western politicians generally are not leading us on principle, not leading us according to The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (the same principles of equally precious humanity which motivated William Wilberforce to end slavery!), but rather are led pragmatically by whatever they think will get them elected into power (even if what gets them elected is bad for Human Rights and Freedoms, as happened in Germany when they democratically elected Hitler’s National Socialist or “Nazi” Party into power). So the key is to educate voters in the vital importance of getting human life issues right first (like voters failed to in Nazi Germany), so that “what politicians think will get them elected into power” becomes the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy and no longer ultimately anti-democratic and “Creeping Totalitarian” “Pro-Choice” positions (so that politicians will do the right thing for humanity to get votes, if they will not do it just on principle for the sake of long-term human safety).
The original Abolitionists were initially a very small group of highly motivated people who had become educated about slavery and everything it meant, and these gradually educated more and more citizens until eventually there were enough educated citizens to affect public opinion and move elected representatives in the government to gradually overcome the inertia of the “status quo” of the blight of slavery which denied Human Rights to some humans. So I recognize that in the most simple terms, the “Winning Strategy for ‘The Culture of Life’ to WIN the ‘Cultural War’ with ‘The Culture of Death,’ to Save Humanity Forever from ‘Creeping Totalitarianism,’ ” (which similarly denies Human Rights to some humans) is to (from the grassroots up) educate the population/electorate in every compromised Western democracy (starting with those who are already actively “Pro-Life” and do not need to be convinced all human life is precious and something needs to be done, and spreading out from there) in the historical and logical Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, using educational tools such as (but not limited to) The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy; this New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity; the treatise The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack; other means promoted by the new non-profit educational organization Human Rights and Freedoms Forever! (http://protecthumanrightsandfreedoms.ourchur.ch), founded and directed by the author of the Pledge and this Manifesto and the Treatise; the new Democracy Store on that website which intends to connect those who want to promote this vital education with educational and promotional materials (such as posters, pamphlets, booklets, bumper stickers, window decals, lawn signs, fridge magnets, car magnet signs, lawn signs, extra-large signs, T-shirts, audio/visual media and the Flag of Democracy) with worldwide producers of such materials in different languages; and eventually the Celebrate Human Life! Centers in every city and country which have been called for by Human Rights and Freedoms Forever!
I recognize that as an important element of the “Winning Strategy,” Human Rights and Freedoms Forever! encourages every city in every country to make a Celebrate Human Life! Center wherein the current, cutting edge rich medical science about human life during every stage of the human life-cycle is clearly displayed in large full-color photographs and informational text and media. Also displayed will be the cutting edge medical science about medical advances in helping humans to overcome the limitations of injuries, illnesses and other physical or psychological/behavioral handicaps or disorders so as to live satisfying and meaningful lives despite their disorder/handicap (with photos and the testimonials of those who live satisfying lives even with the challenges of various handicaps), and displays on what kinds of proper medical palliative care exist to increase the comfort and ease the suffering of those near the end of their valuable human lives, who are in the final, active stages of dying. I recognize that just this simple, purely scientific medical information will do a huge amount to counteract the gross ignorance of the scientific “facts of life” which has allowed “Creeping Totalitarianism” and legal human-killing (as in all Totalitarian States) into our democracies since the Inherent Human Right to Live, the foundational human right upon which all other Human Rights and democratic freedoms depends, ceased to be legally recognized in countries which de-criminalized abortion. The legal abortion which logically cancels out the Inherent Human Right to Live has recently been logically followed in many countries with de-criminalized euthanasia/”assisted suicide” to kill born humans too, instead of helping them overcome the initial shock and dismay of newly acquired handicaps or disorders with the cutting edge medical techniques and therapies to help one work with or around whatever temporary or permanent limitations they suffer because their human lives are precious gifts WORTH taking care of and not “burdens” which are “better off dead.” Since the Traditional Hippocratic Oath of doctors to not kill or harm their human patients (which always included the “second patient” in the womb whenever a pregnant woman saw a doctor), which for 2400 years established the basis of patient/doctor TRUST, is violated by both legal abortion and legal euthanasia, Celebrate Human Life! Centers will also encourage Traditional Hippocratic doctors who can be trusted not to kill patients to set up medical offices and clinics and services in the same building or otherwise attached to the Center, so that patients know they have somewhere safe to go in every city to get medical attention from doctors who are not killers (where they can learn about the great Hippocratic Medical Tradition to “do no harm” – and to certainly not kill patients – the traditional basis of doctor/patient trust – which has been abandoned in most medical colleges since abortion was de-criminalized). Celebrate Human Life! Centers can also, with large, colorful displays, go through high points in the history of the long and gradual but logical development of our modern Human Rights and democratic freedoms. Just this positive entirely scientific and historical factual presentation concerning human life, educating many citizens about human life and why to celebrate it will go a long way to help change the negative attitudes towards human life as a burden rather than as always a gift which are currently undermining the whole foundation of our democracies. When enough citizens are educated enough to cultivate the mindset and attitude about human life that lasting Human Rights and Democracy needs, and stand up in Solidarity for the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (as never happened in Germany), they will be able to convince their politicians to shore up democracy’s badly eroded “Pro-Life” foundations (if they want the votes of educated freedom-lovers – of which there will be more and more as this “education to preserve democracy now under attack” spreads).
In review, I recognize that The Winning Strategy for the “Culture of Life” to Win the “Cultural War” with the “Culture of Death,” to Save Humanity Forever from “Creeping Totalitarianism,” can be implemented generally according to a practical “3-pronged strategy” Human Rights and Freedoms Forever! has developed for spreading “the education necessary to preserve democracy now under attack” which anyone can participate in or support, which includes
1) people from the grassroots up reading, taking, and spreading the Pledge as “Democracy Pledgers” (those less bold with strangers at least spreading it to friends and family so the “education necessary to preserve democracy” spreads);
2) people who want to do more becoming “Volunteer Democracy Leaders” in their city, spreading promotional materials and/or setting up “Lasting Democracy Study Nights,” gatherings of people reading and discussing the current draft (eventually the final published version) of the Pledge (with this Manifesto) and the longer treatise, for a firmly established and CONFIDENT EDUCATION to preserve human life, Human Rights and democratic freedoms. Democracy Pledgers who are not Democracy Leaders can still support these events by attending, and inviting people; some may prefer to read (or listen to the audiobook of) the whole Pledge etc. with others at Lasting Democracy Study Nights, rather than reading (or listening to) it on their own, in order to get the solid education in Human Rights and Freedoms which is needed in many for the “winning strategy” to be successful.
3) Setting up educational Celebrate Human Life! Centers in every city in every country, as described above. Average Democracy Pledgers can spread the idea of one in their city/town, and support any leaders or doctors who stand up to help organize the building or setting up of one, and can help by volunteering at one after it is operational.
[Further practical implementations of the “winning strategy” are discussed later in this Manifesto]
- [Rough Draft Article] I recognize that in most democratic countries, as with legal slavery in the British Empire, it is not at all the case that the legal abortion which violates the same human dignity as legal slavery is well-understood and whole-heartedly approved of by the majority of voting citizens. Rather, like the profitable Slave Trade which supported other industries (like sugar and cotton plantations), the Abortion Industry which supports other industries (like health and beauty products – including vaccines – developed using aborted fetal-age human parts) exists because powerful people / corporations profit monetarily from denying Human Rights to some humans. And like with legal slavery, this abasement of basic Human Rights is allowed to continue in democracies which are built and depend on Human Rights largely through a combination of widespread ignorance; widespread apathy based on this ignorance; and widespread resignation to the “status quo” even by those who are firmly against because that apathy makes it seem overwhelming or impossible to change. I recognize there is widespread ignorance about even the scientific and medical facts about abortion (and the full human life-cycle which abortion cuts short), as well as about the abortion industry and even the laws concerning it (for example, many Canadians who would disapprove of third-trimester abortions ignorantly assume that there are still some legal limitations on abortion which have not existed since 1988 when abortion was completely de-criminalized and de-regulated, with no laws concerning abortion at all (like in totalitarian China and North Korea) leaving it legal to abort human children right up to the point of birth).
I recognize there is widespread ignorance about many aspects of the abortion industry that many people would have a problem with if they knew about them, but these facts are kept out of public knowledge (for example, the unique human DNA of aborted fetal-age humans is in many common vaccines which are now (unnecessarily) developed using human “cell lines” grown from the cells of aborted human babies –instead of these baby cells growing into a bigger baby). I recognize that the widespread ignorance about abortion and about the routine human degradations of the Abortion Industry (like the Slave Trade before it) fuels a widespread apathy; few people know enough about it to know why they should be motivated to oppose it. And since “inertia” makes it so much easier to keep the status quo and “not rock the boat,” people who hear things about what is really going on are frequently inclined to discount it and “keep their heads in the sand” and simply deny the evidence of how bad things are even when they are exposed to the facts. This human tendency to DENY what one would rather not believe is reminiscent of Nazi Germany where many otherwise good people also routinely discounted reports of the similarly human-degrading Death Camps and even went into denial to avoid dealing with it when the mounting evidence became tangible – “that smell coming from the Camp can’t really mean anything, can it?” The human ability to simply deny something one does not want to face and deal with is immense: it has been documented how when a trainload of wailing Jewish humans going to the nearby Nazi Concentration Camp passed by a church holding a service, the congregation was told to “sing a little louder” so they could not hear something that might shake them out of their denial about how bad things were in their country – which if they acknowledged, would give them a moral obligation to DO something about it that they were afraid to do. Today’s big-money abortion industry profiting from the sale or trade of legally-devalued-and-killed-in-the-millions aborted fetal-age human corpses or parts of corpses used in the research and development of products, and sometimes actually in the final products (or the aborted baby’s unique DNA from an artificially grown “cell line” is actually in the products, as with some vaccines), can only be compared to the Nazis similarly experimenting at the Death Camps with making products from all the legally-devalued-and-killed-in-the-millions Jewish human corpses they had on hand. The Nazis made “leather” lampshades and painting canvases from Jewish human skin; ashtrays and other products, though the Nazi regime ended before they had time to make these prototype products into a big-money industry like the abortion industry.
Of course we really do not wish to believe that our governments today could be allowing such gross violations of human dignity to be happening, without even informing us (and without even giving us an informed choice about things like whether we want aborted human DNA in our vaccines); and if we knew for sure, it would give us a moral obligation to do something about it that most are too absorbed in their own busy lives to engage in; so it is all-to-easy to just deny what we do not wish to believe in the first place, no matter what evidence is presented. I recognize that thus the majority in most democracies are not either actively “Pro-Choice” nor actively “Pro-Life,” but somewhere “in the middle” on life issues; being personally inclined either for or against abortion but not actively engaged politically either way (just like with the Slave Trade before the Abortion Industry. But this “majority just going with the flow” (whether they are comfortable with the status quo or not) is far from a political “mandate” for our politicians to continue degrading all human life by eradicating the Inherent Human Right to Live with legalized abortion).
Unfortunately, in the face of such widespread ignorance and widespread uninvolved apathy, many of those who are actually committed to the “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live,” “Pro-Life” position, are so jaded and resigned to the status quo of de-criminalized abortion that they just do not see how their involvement can do anything to change it; and so, while they may complain a lot about abortion, and even about the increasing “Creeping Totalitarianism” that has been growing since abortion was de-criminalized, they simply do not do all that much to be politically engaged in changing it, thinking they just cannot change it. Thus there is a widespread resignation to the “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans”, “Pro-Choice” status quo even among huge numbers of those who actually do still believe in the traditional Western, Christian “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy. I further recognize that the author of the Pledge and this Manifesto testifies he has spoken to many Christians who are committed to traditional, democracy-grounding values, who prefer not to even think about it but when pressed into doing so reveal that they expect there will eventually be open persecution of Christians in the West as there is already in many countries where Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms do not exist (whether or not they have ever heard of Cardinal George’s prediction to this effect); but they are so jaded into thinking they cannot do anything to prevent this that they just go about their day-to-day lives and try not to think about it (like the many good Germans who did not stand up against the gradual Nazi degradation of German democracy even in the early stages when it could have helped the most). Although for some of these, their resignation is understandable after decades of “Pro-Life” efforts ignored by their government which is just getting increasingly anti-Christian and further removed from The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, with the author of this Manifesto I affirm that this attitude only hastens the violent end of Western Democracy and is an abdication of their responsibility to all humanity to stand up with others for these principles for the safety of all humanity. With the author of the Pledge and this Manifesto I affirm that the worldwide many millions of Christians (and other believers in traditional Western values which include the “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy) with such defeated attitudes actually CAN turn the tide against Pro-Choice Abortion “Creeping Totalitarianism” IF they with patient dedication and in Solidarity with others (Christian or not) who still hold traditional values work to implement the same “Winning Strategy” which with much patient dedication to educate the electorate eventually succeeded in ending the Slave Trade – minimally all it takes is to read and spread The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy starting with those who already believe in the traditional (Christian) Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, so that they can do the same, and this spread of “the education necessary to preserve democracy now under attack” will grow until each compromised Western democracy achieves the necessary “critical mass” of educated citizens it takes to end legal abortion in their country and with it end anti-democratic “Creeping Totalitarianism.”
This is because it is only where the electorate becomes uncomfortable enough with the status quo that there becomes active motivation to seek political change; and education in exactly what legal abortion is and exactly what it means for all humanity – far worse than what legal slavery meant – is key to creating that necessary discomfort (early enough to change things before “Creeping Totalitarianism” becomes too entrenched, as it did in Germany). The “Winning Strategy for ‘The Culture of Life’ to WIN the ‘Cultural War’ with ‘The Culture of Death,’ to Save Humanity Forever from ‘Creeping Totalitarianism,’” is to first of all not be discouraged by the widespread ignorance, apathy, and resignation to the status quo that for now keeps abortion legal and keeps “Creeping Totalitarianism” progressing. The precedent of the original Abolitionists teaches us that “Pro-Life” New Abolitionists (and Democracy Pledgers), who are already a small but dedicated group as the original Abolitionists were, CAN get the education they need and spread it until there are enough educated people out there to drive the necessary political change for Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms to last forever!
In the “Winning Strategy,” dedicated “Pro-Lifers” need to first get Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy, this New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity and other such materials (as indicated above) into the hands of individuals and groups/organizations they are aware of who are already dedicatedly “Pro-Life” and so do not need to be convinced on this point. As these get more powerfully educated in the reasons why abolishing abortion (as “New Abolitionists”) is actually necessary to the long continuance of democracy itself, those they contact and influence will become more convinced of the need to do something, and more inspired to actually do something, more confident that they really CAN win the victory for human life and freedoms (even if it takes decades), as the original Abolitionists did (though it likely will not take decades this time, for reasons discussed below). Eventually the enthusiasm of these motivated persons and groups, and the education they are spreading, will affect the large group of more-or-less jaded “Pro-Lifers” who have not been doing more either because they did not realize just how deadly serious (ultimately democracy-destroying) the abortion they already disliked is, or because they thought there was nothing truly effective they could do about it (now realizing that as part of a steadily growing movement of patiently dedicated “Pro-Life” New Abolitionists and Democracy Pledgers they can indeed make a difference, in Solidarity with others who believe in the “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy). There are already many millions who still hold traditional Western “Pro-Life” values. As these gradually become more educated and more actively engaged in promoting these values for the long-term safety of all humanity and Democracy itself (using the kinds of promotional materials which will eventually be made available at Human Rights and Freedoms Forever!’s Democracy Store – http://protecthumanrightsandfreedoms.ourchur.ch/democracy-store ), their testimony will be heard by more and more of the huge “in the middle” group who are neither seriously committed “Pro-Lifers” nor “Pro-Choicers,” (even if they identify one way or the other) but who more-or-less just “go with the flow” of the status quo. These will be exposed more and more often to good reasons why they should not just be “in the middle” on human life issues, and which side they should choose (since they are human, they should choose for human life!). Already a great many identify as “Pro-Choice” only because it superficially sounds like it has something to do with freedom, yet they would never choose to have or encourage an abortion themselves, or even advise one; others might have or advise one but only out of gross ignorance of the scientific “facts of human life;” once they realize from the spreading education out there just what abortion actually does to humans, and that “Pro-Choice” philosophy through history is always associated with totalitarianism, and genuine and lasting Human Rights and freedoms depend on “Pro-Life” not “Pro-Choice” values, they will have good reason to switch their identification, and finally become involved in changing the status quo, and more and more will. Already the really dedicated “Pro-Choicers” (who are not so ignorant of just what they are approving, especially abortionists and abortion industry workers who actually see the torn-apart human baby parts) are a small minority, as gauged by the comparatively paltry “opposition demonstration” forces at major “Pro-Life” demonstrations (and these often visibly demonstrate very immature sexual habits; these are the irresponsible who use human-killing abortion as backup birth control because they care nothing about humanity but only about their personal convenience and cannot even be bothered to discipline themselves for the sake of Human Rights). Those who are so dedicated to the “Pro-Choice” “right-to-kill-humans” tend to be so because of self-centered motivations of how they personally and selfishly benefit from immature and irresponsible use of the gift of precious-human-generating sexuality and from the degradation of all humanity that is legal abortion (in convenience; money; being employed by the abortion industry – just like those who most benefitted from the Slave Trade were its staunchest defenders, even though it degraded human life). This hard-hearted, close-minded, immature and irresponsible, self-interested minority group (which ideally needs to grow up and take adult human responsibility for all humanity) need not be converted for the New Abolitionists / Democracy Pledgers to succeed in abolishing abortion so that Human Rights and Democracy for everyone can last long-term; as the huge “in the middle” group comes to actively take a side – the right side – because of shrinking ignorance, shrinking apathy, and shrinking resignation to the status quo (even if only motivated by new awareness of their own long-term freedoms being threatened by legal abortion driving “Creeping Totalitarianism,” when saving human babies was not enough to motivate them earlier), their voices added to the dedicated “New Abolitionist” side will overwhelm the hardcore “Pro-Choicers,” whose continued commitment to the degradation of human life for the sake of personal convenience or other self-interested benefit at the expense of human lives and at the cost of EVERYONE’s Inherent Human Right to Live will now be easily seen to be as selfish and self-serving as the slavers the original Abolitionists opposed on the same grounds. In each compromised democracy, the line marking the “critical mass” of educated citizens standing up together in Solidarity for the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy which proves to be necessary to successfully abolish (and re-criminalize) abortion so that democracy can last long-term in that country will fall in a different place. But as “the education necessary to preserve democracy now under attack” gets out, and as more of the huge “uncommitted middle” gets gradually converted by that education in The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (as education in the same “Pro-Life” values of equal human preciousness ended slavery), that critical mass will be achieved in more and more countries.
- [Rough Draft Article] Even though the Abortion Industry’s worst horrors are even more hidden from general view than the Slave Trade’s was, operating in the shadows so most are even less aware of its existence than were aware of slavery’s full evils, I expect ending abortion will likely not take nearly the decades it took to end the Slave Trade, simply because the Abortion Industry is much, much more hostile to human freedom than the Slave Trade was, because it actually negates the Inherent Human Right to Live for every human (who can be aborted when they are young), not just for Black humans who could be enslaved. It took decades for people whose own lives and freedom were not threatened by the Slave Trade to become sympathetic enough to the trampled Human Rights of Black humans in sufficient numbers to convince the politicians to end slavery. But the many ways the “Creeping Totalitarianism” unleashed by legal abortion is now seriously compromising democracy itself for everyone will likely help motivate large numbers of citizens to get educated and end the Abortion Industry much more quickly than the decades it took to end the Slave Trade, because their own religious and other democratic freedoms are now increasingly threatened by allowing ultimately democracy-destroying legal abortion to continue. Otherwise put, I recognize that:
Because Legal Abortion Threatens Not Only Legally Devalued Humans (Like Legal Slavery Did), But Also Threatens Democracy Itself Via “Creeping Totalitarianism,” WE CAN END LEGAL ABORTION USING THE ABOLITIONIST STRATEGY MUCH MORE QUICKLY Than the Abolitionists ended Legal Slavery Because Many More People are Negatively Affected (ultimately) by Legal Abortion
I recognize it took decades of the original British Abolitionists being dedicated to gradually educating the electorate from the grassroots up in the traditional value of EQUAL HUMAN PRECIOUSNESS, which first entered the general Western consciousness in the 4th Century (through Christianity) and was first legally acknowledged by the 318 AD criminalization of abortion (five years after Christianity was legalized), before the Abolitionists (who were also dedicated Christians) were successful in abolishing legal slavery (and thereby resolved in favor of Democracy the fundamental incompatibility of legal slavery with Democracy).
Although to be successful however long it takes, I recognize dedicated “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” or “Pro-Life” advocates should understand themselves to be “New Abolitionists” fighting for the same EQUAL HUMAN PRECIOUSNESS (and Inherent Human Right to Live, the ground of Democracy) “for the long haul,” even if it takes decades like it took the original Abolitionists, I recognize it will probably NOT take decades for legal abortion to be abolished according this “New Abolitionist” strategy based on the original Abolitionist strategy of educating the electorate from the grassroots up until sufficient numbers of Human-Rights-educated voters convince the politicians to end the great Human Rights violation of the day (legal slavery or legal abortion).
This is simply because, much worse than legal slavery which only denied Human Rights to some humans, legal abortion destroys the legally recognized Inherent Human Right to Live of ALL humans, eradicating the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy themselves, so that Democracy itself is getting increasingly compromised and unstable under the weight of the widespread uneducated ignorance of where Democracy comes from (and what it needs to last) that is driving current trends of “Creeping Totalitarianism.” It took so many decades to educate enough motivated voters to end slavery because even the people who became motivated to help the (non-voting) Black humans whose humanity had been “legally devalued” so they could be legally enslaved were not personally threatened by legal slavery and it took a long time for them to motivate others (who also were not personally threatened by slavery and rarely saw evidence of its worst abuses of humanity) to use their votes to join the cause.
But as the “Creeping Totalitarianism” unleashed decades ago by legalized abortion (which follows the precedent of the totalitarian Soviets and Nazis who first de-criminalized abortion) logically progresses to more and more compromises of genuine democratic freedoms of more and more citizens, creating more and more presently uncomfortable citizens who become aware of the threat to their own freedoms (like freedoms of conscience and religion) that (they know from reading the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy etc.) has its ultimate source in legal abortion decades ago taking away their own legally recognized Inherent Human Right to Live (like in all totalitarian States), these voting citizens will become motivated to take up the “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” cause just because it is the foundation of democracy itself. They will come to the cause not only for the sake of legally-devalued preborn young humans being killed (like legally-devalued Jewish and Black humans before them – Blacks died in the tens of thousands shackled together in their own waste on slave ships before even getting the chance to be slaves). They now will come in greater numbers more quickly to the cause than they did to free the slaves because they are finally realizing that the whole anti-traditional ‘Culture of Death’ which started with de-criminalizing human-killing abortions (and denying the simple maxim that killing humans is wrong) is now affecting their own human freedom, as more and more citizens in more and more professions (starting with the medical profession but now branching out to the educational and legal professions and government employees etc in many jurisdictions), are uncomfortably bullied into silence at work about their traditional, democracy-grounding values by informal and formal policies threatening their jobs or funding, etc. if they are too vocal to speak democracy’s traditional historical and logical foundations.
I recognize that in some jurisdictions not just certain professions but even parents are having their democratic freedoms increasingly limited by “Creeping Totalitarianism.” For example, I recognize that where the author of this Manifesto lives parents are having their freedom to raise their own children in traditional Western (democracy-grounding) values taken away, through totalitarian-style State-set education of schoolchildren in radically anti-traditional values with no history in the culture undemocratically imposed, and recently proposed legislation even has serious potential, if passed and fully implemented, to make parents further live in fear of being reported to authorities and having their children taken away for traditional childrearing which the “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” and radically anti-traditional sexuality government no longer considers “in the best interests of the child” (even though the TRADITIONAL Western values concerning BOTH equally precious human life AND the closely-related precious-human-generating sexual process have been shown in Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy to be historically and logically NECESSARY to the original development of modern Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms AND to the long maintenance of Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms — which itself explains WHY this government HAS TO use such TOTALITARIAN MEASURES to undemocratically ENFORCE their ANTI-TRADITIONAL viewpoint on the populace, in the total opposite of democratic government “of the people, by the people, for the people).”
As disturbing as such increasingly bold advances of totalitarianism no longer just “creeping” are, with great hope for the future, I expect that with so many citizens facing increasing discomfort as their democratic freedoms continue to degrade along with the traditional Western values (including equal human preciousness and the Inherent Human Right to Live) they were built on, as more and more become consciously aware (through the works of Human Rights and Freedoms Forever!, especially Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy) that their long-term Democratic Freedoms depend on their legally recognized Inherent Human Right to Live as the central aspect of the Foundational Human Rights and Democracy, more and more will be motivated to use their votes (while they still have them) to implement the “winning strategy” and end BOTH legal abortion AND the “Creeping Totalitarianism” it unleashed at the same time, finally standing up together in Solidarity to use their votes in large blocs to finally hold their uneducated and (witting or unwitting) “totalitarian creep” politicians democratically accountable to the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (like they did not do in 1930s Germany, when they democratically elected a government which manifestly did not believe in the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy that every human is EQUAL and PRECIOUS, and they predictably paid the same price we are now in the process of paying for doing the same thing – they lost their democracy to an increasingly totalitarian government they did not hold accountable to the “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy).
- [Rough Draft Article] I recognize that “Creeping Totalitarianism” is advancing because things as ultimately anti-democratic, anti-human and evil as legal slavery and legal abortion just cannot coexist long-term with democracy. Democracy (which depends on the unequivocal human preciousness of every human, each of whom deserves a vote) on the one hand, and either legal slavery or legal abortion on the other (which legally deny the human preciousness, human personhood, and Human Rights of some humans) depend on such fundamentally contradictory approaches to the value of human life that the fundamental incompatibility will scream for resolution until it is resolved one way or the other: a country will either lose legal slavery/legal abortion and keep democracy (as after the American Civil War); or else lose democracy to “Creeping Totalitarianism” and keep the Slave Trade/the Abortion Industry which deny Human Rights and freedoms to some humans, as in any totalitarian State.
Thus I recognize the necessity for dedicated and sustained political action in support of the “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy on the part of “Pro-Human-Rights” / “Pro-Life” New Abolitionists and “Democracy Pledgers,” so that the fundamental incompatibility between Democracy and legal slavery/legal abortion which deny Human Rights to some humans has the best chance in each country of being resolved peaceably in favor of Human Rights and Democracy as it was in Britain, so that it will not be resolved unpeaceably in favor of Democracy as it was in the American Civil War (or worse, resolved unpeaceably in favor of keeping legal abortion, losing Democracy, if the “Pro-Life” (Pro-Foundational-Principles-of-Human-Rights-and-Democracy) voice which cannot be legitimately ignored or silenced in any functioning democracy is brutally and violently silenced, which is the only way ardent “Pro-Choicers” can ever get their wish of no longer hearing “Pro-Lifers” go on about the precious value of the preborn human babies whom “Pro-Choicers” want the “Pro-Choice” “right-to-kill”).
Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy, this New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity, and the treatise The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack which they are based on, all assume the best of “Pro-Choice” politicians, judges, doctors, and citizens, and gives all of them the benefit of the doubt: that they are “Pro-Choice” only because they are ignorant of “the education necessary to preserve democracy now under attack,” and not evil. Their response to the Pledge, Manifesto, and Treatise will test this, and will reveal their true colors: as only ignorant, such that they will want to leave “Pro-Choice” philosophy behind now that they realize that it drives “Creeping Totalitarianism” which is slowly destroying Human Rights and Freedoms for everyone; or actually evil: so self-centered that even after learning the history and logic of what Human Rights and Freedoms are built on and what take them away, they still want the personal and selfish benefits they reap from being “Pro-Choice” (“Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans”), not caring that humans die and not caring that every human’s value is degraded, every human’s Inherent Human Right to Live is taken away, all their freedoms ultimately threatened by “Creeping Totalitarianism,” because of de-criminalized abortion (like the ardent Slave-Traders could not let go of the benefits they reaped from similarly denying Human Rights to some humans). I charitably assume that most “Pro-Choice” politicians, judges, doctors (except for abortionists who cannot possibly be so ignorant), and citizens are only ignorant and not evil, but history teaches us that we cannot rule out the possibility that in some countries there are already forces (as in 1930s Germany) deliberately and not just ignorantly actively promoting the current “Creeping Totalitarianism,” and these will not convert so easily just with proper education in the history and logic underlying Human Rights and Democracy, because these really are evil “totalitarian creeps” who do not care for humanity as much as for themselves. Who knows what depths of evil those who (after reading the Pledge) would still rather kill humans for convenience and profit than affirm the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, will stoop to keep the human-rights-denying status quo they benefit from? Such forces, if they do not allow themselves to be educated by Democracy-Pledgers and “New Abolitionists” (as the original Abolitionists educated Pro-Slavery citizens until there was enough public support to end the Slave Trade) could well eventually lead some countries into civil war to resolve the fundamental incompatibility between Democracy and the Abortion Industry, just as unlike Britain which did it peacefully, America had to have a civil war to resolve the same kind of fundamental incompatibility (between democracy and slavery, which like abortion denies Human Rights to some humans).
I recognize that Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy, this Manifesto, and the treatise The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack are all about learning the lessons of history so we do not repeat its greatest mistakes. One of these lessons is to recognize that the currents of thought or mindsets about humanity and human value in society and government need to be consistent or a society will tear itself apart in civil war if it is pulled in opposite directions for too long without peaceful resolution of the ideological conflict. The current controversies come from the fact we now have inconsistent, unstable “Jekyll and Hyde” governments which sometimes act as if all human lives are precious, as expected in a democracy, out of the “force of habit” of many centuries of Western “Pro-Life” habits of thinking (as when governments pay for delicate fetal surgeries to save the precious human lives of preborn human babies who have health problems), and sometimes act as if human lives are not precious and can be killed when deemed inconvenient, as expected in totalitarian States (as when governments pay for abortions to kill the valueless human lives of preborn human babies the same age who are perfectly healthy). Not only is there no good reason for humans to trust governments which are so confused and inconsistent about the value of human lives; such diametrically opposed policies concerning what should be any democratic government’s highest mandate – the protection of human lives – pulls the whole society in opposite directions. A long-term stable government needs a consistent policy on how it regards and treats human life (a long-term stable democratic government needs a consistent “Pro-Life” policy wherein human life is consistently treated as precious; the brutal and oppressive totalitarian ancient pagan Roman Empire was stable for centuries with a consistent “Pro-Choice” policy granting parents the right to abort their children because human life is not inherently precious). If the current “Creeping Totalitarianism” in any country continues its current momentum, continuing to ignore the “Pro-Life” / “Pro-Human-Rights” voice even though the Pledge, Manifesto, and Treatise clearly identify the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and (Lasting) Democracy as historically, logically, and utterly “Pro-Life;” and continuing the current “soft” persecution of “Pro-Lifers” (notably medical professionals whose job is supposed to be healing not killing humans) as a precursor to “hard” violent persecution which is the logical next step if “Pro-Lifers” are not intimidated into silence by “soft” persecution; then it is indeed possible that some countries will, like in the American Civil War, eventually degenerate into a civil war to finally resolve the fundamental incompatibility of some citizens and politicians being fundamentally oriented towards human life as always precious, such that the government is always obligated to protect humans without exception, which historically and logically leads to Human Rights and democracy; and other citizens and politicians being fundamentally oriented towards human life as being not always precious but often a burden, such that the government is not obligated to protect humans but instead legislates exceptions to which human lives it will protect, as in any totalitarian State where humans serve the government instead of the government serving humans.
- [Rough Draft Article] I recognize the historical precedent that thankfully Britain peaceably resolved the fundamental incompatibility of legal slavery with democracy because legal slavery violated the historic “Pro-Life” principle of the supreme and EQUAL value and dignity of every human life without exception which is the underlying root foundation for democracy giving every human a vote in the first place (meaning Black humans properly had a vote instead of being slaves). But sadly America resolved the fundamental incompatibility of legal slavery with democracy with a civil war. Legal abortion/The Abortion Industry is every bit as fundamentally incompatible with democracy as legal slavery/the Slave Trade was because legal abortion violates the exact same historic “Pro-Life” principle of the immense and EQUAL value and dignity of every human life without exception which historically and logically grounds all democracy, and as in Britain and America with the fundamental incompatibility of legal slavery and democracy, the fundamental incompatibility of legal abortion with democracy CANNOT BE SUSTAINED LONG-TERM but will continuously cry out for resolution one way or the other. Britain’s example gives hope that in our currently compromised democracies we can resolve the incompatibility peaceably in favour of democracy; America’s example reminds us that if we cannot resolve the incompatibility peaceably it will eventually be resolved unpeaceably. But if the ongoing various controversies over the recent abandonment of traditional (Christian) Western values (which undergird Human Rights and democracy) in any particular country regrettably ever degenerate into civil war, we can reasonably expect the terrible violence (probably “justified” with exaggerated or false accusations and trumped-up charges) will be started by the already fundamentally anti-democratic unrestricted-sexuality-and-Pro-Choice side that already does prejudiced violent murderous hate upon the human babies produced by its immature and undisciplined sexuality, human babies whom it denies human personhood and Human Rights to without any scientific justification (all bigotry is based in ignorance, remember). As the Civil War American South was (among other things) fighting for the right to continue to enslave humans, the “Pro-Choice” side in any potential future armed conflict in any country, if things ever (God forbid) degenerate into that, will be fighting for the right to continue to kill humans. So if it ever sadly comes to that in any country, the violence of civil war will most likely be started by the anti-traditional sexuality and Pro-Choice side which already hides its fundamentally violent, murderous, and anti-human evil behind a web of lies and deception that hides the ugly, murderous, and deeply sinful reality of the big-money Abortion Industry which profits from denying Human Rights to and killing humans as the Slave Trade before it profited from denying Human Rights to and enslaving humans.
I recognize that The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy, this New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity, and the treatise The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack, all teach and apply the lessons of history so we are not doomed to repeat its mistakes, specifically intending to help PREVENT the worst-case scenario of future civil war in any Western Country by NOW clarifying the issues that any potential civil war would ultimately be fighting over IF any particular country does not resolve the “Pro-Life/Pro-Choice” debate (the New Abolitionist debate) peaceably as Britain resolved the original Abolitionist debate, and thus the NEED to resolve it (because no society can be stable for long if citizens do not even agree on whether or not human life is inherently precious) degenerates into civil war as in America. What will each side be ultimately fighting over? As the Pledge, this Manifesto, and the Treatise show, ultimately “Pro-Life” is “Pro-Democracy;” Pro-Lifers attempting to abolish legal abortion are the New Abolitionists upholding the exact same (Christian) principle of the supreme and equal value and dignity of every human life without exception which the original (Christian) Abolitionists upheld in order to abolish legal slavery, because legal abortion is every bit as fundamentally incompatible with democracy as legal slavery was. So (whether I am Christian or not) I recognize that in any potential future armed conflict in any country that degenerates into civil war the traditional (Christian) “Pro-Life” side will be fighting to uphold the traditional Judeo-Christian sexual ethic which (see Ch. 7 of The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack) undergirds the traditional (Christian) “Pro-Life” principles on which all our modern Human Rights and freedoms historically and logically depend; the anti-Christian, anti-traditional sexuality, “Pro-Choice” side will be ultimately fighting to take away the Human Rights and freedoms of Christians (and others who value human life) to object to the legal killing of humans, in order to make sure the immature and irresponsible sexuality producing many unwanted humans to slaughter for profit in the big-money Abortion Industry (because money is worth more than human life) can continue. The “Pro-Life” side aims to restrict the legal killing of humans for the sake of everyone’s Human Rights which depend on the INHERENT human right to live, but the “Pro-Choice” side aims to restrict everyone’s Human Rights including the INHERENT human right to live for the sake of the legal killing of humans by abortion and euthanasia (and for the sake of the money profits of the abortion industry and the money saved by euthanaizing/killing the old, sick and handicapped instead of caring for them). Many basically good citizens (and politicians) in their ignorance of the history of the development of Western Thought that gave us our modern Human Rights and freedoms have been deceived by superficial and hollow anti-traditional and “Pro-Choice” rhetoric that tries to make unrestricted sexual practice sound like “freedom” and tries to make killing humans (especially the many unwanted humans produced by unrestricted sexual practice) sound “compassionate” even though unrestricted sexuality without societal standards necessarily linking sex to lifetime-committed loving marriage and family life and even though “Pro-Choice” philosophy and the parental “right to choose” to raise or kill your child by abortion HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH FREEDOM BUT WERE THE ANCIENT SOCIETAL NORMS BACK WHEN MODERN HUMAN RIGHTS AND DEMOCRATIC FREEDOMS WERE UNDREAMED OF AND THEIR CHRISTIAN AND PRO-LIFE FOUNDATIONS HAD NOT YET BEEN LAID. I recognize that the Pledge, this Manifesto, and the Treatise take the time to clarify this ultimate reality of the two positions NOW to make it obvious to those citizens and politicians now tempted to be on the anti-traditional and “Pro-Choice” side of any current controversy or future conflict which side they had better get on if they have any real love of human life and freedom at all (and have not been blinded to the good of all humanity by self-centered concern for immature, undisciplined sexual pleasure-seeking and the irresponsible convenience of abortion at the deadly expense of human lives). Whether I am Christian or not, I recognize that The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack and Democracy 101 & Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy (with this supplementary Manifesto) teach the lessons of history so we can avoid repeating its greatest mistakes and we had better learn them; it is TRADITIONAL (Biblical, Judeo-Christian) values and principles concerning human life and the process which generates it, coming from the matrix of Judaism, intensified and taught by (the Jew) Jesus Christ and spread by His Christian Church (adopted by the West starting with the initial 313 AD Christianization of the Roman Empire and notably with the 318 AD criminalization of abortion and infanticide because human life is precious therefore the government is obligated to protect precious humans) which our whole free and democratic way of life is historically and logically built upon and the anti-traditional and “Pro-Choice” side which denies and destroys the traditional, Judeo-Christian foundation of all Human Rights and democratic freedoms (IF “Pro-Choicers” refuse learn from this “education necessary to preserve democracy now under attack”) can only in the end destroy democracy as its logical conclusion (the conclusion predicted also by Cardinal Francis George, as above).
Whether I am Christian or not, I recognize that the only way “Pro-Choicers” can successfully refute the Pledge, this Manifesto, and the Treatise is to (totalitarian-fashion) burn all the libraries and pretend there was no Western Christian Civilization which from the 4th to 20th Centuries (however imperfectly) attempted to put the historic (Judeo-)Christian “Pro-Life” principles into practice and succeeded in gradually developing Modern Human Rights and Freedoms built logically from Christian and Pro-Life assumptions – rights and freedoms succinctly articulated by the still-predominantly Christian Western nations in 1948’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which then clearly stated the essence of the “Pro-Life” movement in the words: “recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world” (Preamble), clearly indicating Human Rights are for all humans “without distinction of any kind” (Article 2) because “Everyone [obviously, every human] is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind” (Article 2). Article 23 of The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and Article 7 of this Manifesto show how utterly impossible it is, especially in the 1948 historical context, to legitimately interpret the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in any way that allows for legal abortion – legal abortion which unjustifiably denies preborn humans (including each one of us before we were born) are “members of the human family” (who then, is?); legal abortion which denies any “inherent” human dignity or “equal” Human Rights if preborn humans do not have them equally with other humans; legal abortion which makes “distinctions” between born humans who have Human Rights and preborn humans who have no Human Rights, instead of recognizing “all members of the human family” are “entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind;” legal abortion which alienates from preborn humans the “inalienable rights” humans are declared to have in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The statements of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights are essentially equivalent to the “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (or First Principles of Democracy) which are defined in the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy as follows (actually quoting the Declaration) and constantly referred to in this New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity:
Foundational Principle of Human Rights and Democracy #1: That every human life without exception, without discrimination and “without distinction of any kind” is SUPREMELY and EQUALLY valuable and precious, OBLIGATING governments to protect and serve ALL precious humans who have “inherent . . . equal and inalienable [human] rights;” and
Foundational Principle of Human Rights and Democracy #2: That because every human life without exception is precious, all human lives without exception must be FREE from all government coercion in matters of belief so that they may without impediment FREELY seek and find this wonderful Truth foundational to Democracy, that their human lives are supremely and equally valuable and precious.
These two principles together are the implicit underlying First Principles or logical starting point of both Human Rights and Democracy as we know it. Western Civilization’s Human Rights and modern Democratic Freedoms became possible specifically starting from the 4th Century “turning point” of the abandonment of ancient “Pro-Choice” abortion philosophy in favour of the Christian “Pro-Life” principles which since 318 AD protected ALL human life specifically including preborn human lives (until modern times when totalitarian Soviet Russia (in 1920) and totalitarian Nazi Germany (in 1934) were the first two nations to de-criminalize abortion, because these oppressive States did NOT believe in Human Rights. If we believe in Human Rights at all, it should be illegal to kill humans, but it is no longer. Since reversing the historical process that gave us Human Rights by de-criminalizing abortion after 1650 years banned, our Western nations are finding more and more ways to kill humans legally, with or without consent of the human lives taken, and so all human lives, and Democracy itself, are at great risk.
Thus I recognize that in response to this “education necessary to preserve democracy now under attack,” the “Pro-Choice” forces in any country can either concede “Pro-Lifers”/ New Abolitionists/ Democracy Pledgers / Christians are right and start to work together with Pro-Lifers to abolish abortion and rebuild the eroded “Pro-Life” foundations of Human Rights and Democracy so that they will last for the long-term; or else they can prove Pro-Lifers/ New Abolitionists/ Democracy Pledgers / Christians are right by taking the current anti-democratic and “Creeping Totalitarian” Pro-Choice “soft” persecution and bullying of “Pro-Lifers” (formally or informally threatening their jobs, funding, accreditation, or freedom if they are too vocally “Pro-Life” at work or near an abortion clinic) to the next level of more active “hard” persecution like undemocratic censorship of the “Pro-Life” message which historically and logically undergirds Democracy, arrests on trumped-up charges and violent persecution – because these are the ONLY ways to silence the eminently reasonable and logical “Pro-Life” position which is backed by the history of Human Rights and Freedoms and backed by the Science of human life. In any genuinely free and healthy democracy, the “Pro-Life” message can never be silenced but “Pro-Life” New Abolitionists (and Democracy Pledgers) will freely and incessantly pester their governments to abolish abortion with the same tenacity with which the original Abolitionists pestered their government to abolish slavery, New Abolitionists freely and incessantly educating the population in the same traditional, Christian perspective of the supreme and equal value of every human life which the original Abolitionists did in order to abolish slavery; original and New Abolitionists both educating their population and pestering their governments until Human Rights for ALL humans are respected in law and the laws are kept (sadly it is necessary to qualify that the laws must not only uphold Human Rights are for all humans, but such laws must be kept and enforced, since technically any reasonable interpretation of the UN’s 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights, certainly in its 1948 historical context, should preclude any form of legal abortion which was one of the Nazi “crimes against humanity” the Declaration was meant to prevent, but this essential meaning is ignored by the current UN, whose member States following the Soviet and Nazi precedent have de-criminalized abortion anyway).
The Pledge, this Manifesto, and the Treatise grant all politicians the benefit of the doubt, that they are “Pro-Choice” now because they are deceived by hollow rhetoric but they are only ignorant not evil; this is their (last) chance to save face for the current anti-democratic “Pro-Choice” trends of “Creeping Totalitarianism and plead ignorance and say “sorry – I did not realize legal abortion is fundamentally anti-democratic in the same way legal slavery is for violating the same underlying “Pro-Life” principle of the supreme and equal dignity of every human life without exception which all Human Rights and freedoms are historically and logically built upon,” in order to try to convince educated voters they too now have “the education necessary to preserve democracy now under attack” and they are now safe to vote for because they will finally uphold the “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy. But the Treatise, this Manifesto, and Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy will test them and any politician’s ultimate safety for humanity will be revealed by their response to this “education necessary to preserve democracy now under attack.”
- [Rough Draft Article] I recognize that thus it is really properly and completely reasonably a bare minimum expectation and requirement of politicians and political parties in democracies which want to stay democracies (and not fall eventually to “Creeping Totalitarianism”), that politicians and political parties get back to the traditional Western “Pro-Life” values which were at least implicitly assumed when all our modern democracies and their founding political parties were formed, by now explicitly constitutionally enshrining The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (or some essentially equivalent Human Rights formula), and by now explicitly requiring politicians to take The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy or some oath of office like it that commits politicians to hold, practice and defend the above “Pro-Life” / “Pro-Human-Rights” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, that every human life without exception is supremely and equally precious and must be free from government coercion in matters of belief so they can freely discover this truth foundational to democracy, and that democratic governments are obligated to protect and serve precious human lives and have no business in any way legislating human value or human life and death (like oppressive totalitarian governments do), as happens wherever abortion or euthanasia are legal. Because of this it is completely reasonable, for the long-term safety of humans in each country, for citizens to refuse to vote for politicians or parties who do not believe in or stand up for The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, and for citizens to demand that their political parties field candidates for elections who actually hold and defend The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (1930s Germany’s failure to do this naturally and logically resulted in the eventual loss of their democracy to the anti-human and “Creeping Totalitarian” Nazism which first de-criminalized abortion and euthanasia like so many countries today, eradicating the legally recognized Inherent Human Right to Live which is essential to lasting democracy).
I recognize that a practical problem which has perpetuated “Creeping Totalitarianism” in many democracies is that in democratic elections often in many electoral districts / ridings there simply is no genuine and committed “Pro-Life” / “Pro-Human-Rights” candidate who actually believes in the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy offered by any political party, none of which want to make an election issue out of human life issues like abortion or euthanasia / “assisted suicide” (or even talk about them), even though it is in fact critical to the maintenance of Democracy that human life be protected throughout the human life-cycle. Because of this many citizens of the electorate who actually do believe in the traditional “Pro-Life” Western values Human Rights and Democracy are built on, and who want to make sure Human Rights are respected by their government, have (as discussed above) become “jaded” and “resigned to the status quo,” thinking that “there is nothing I can do;” thinking their votes do not matter because the most meaningful issues (of human life itself) are not even being discussed and the “Pro-Life” voice is never heard. I recognize that sadly, these disillusioned millions of voters in each country often do one of two things which unfortunately actually help to support the current worldwide trends of “Creeping Totalitarianism:”
1) They simply do not vote because they think their vote does not matter and will not change things. This supports “Creeping Totalitarianism” because it means that many of those who believe in the “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy who are uncomfortable with the current trends of “Creeping Totalitarianism” are not even taking part in the democratic process; this means that the votes which actually choose the next government are being cast either by people who directly support anti-democratic “Pro-Choice” (“Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans”) policies or by people who are resigned to the “Creeping Totalitarian” status quo and who are making no political effort to change it (many of them in “blissful ignorance” of the fundamentally democracy-destroying nature of their votes for “Pro-Choice” politicians who do not even believe in the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy).
2) They vote, but according to lesser issues (like “the car of the people” in Nazi Germany). Civic-minded enough to actually exercise the democratic right to vote they still have (so far), but sadly resigned to the current fact there either is no clear and committed “Pro-Life” candidate to choose, or thinking that even if there is his or her “Pro-Life” voice will not be heard in government to make any difference, they vote for whichever candidate or party whose platform on lesser issues they most like (or at least for whoever they consider to be “the lesser of two evils” – which often means whichever party actually allows their elected representative to vote their own conscience on life issues, since none of the major parties actually stand on or for the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy in order to make sure they last). This group is superior to those who do not even vote, because they are at least taking part in the democratic process which it is indeed a great privilege to have (and democracy can only last if those who believe in Democracy’s First Principles are democratically active). But unfortunately, voting a government into power without letting it be known that the vote was cast because of a lack of any dedicated “Pro-Life” candidate who actually believes in the Foundational Principles of Democracy and is therefore a “concession” vote (“holding your nose and voting;” “picking the least awful of terrible choices”) which does NOT give the elected government a true “mandate” from the people to do whatever they like on human life issues, actually supports “Creeping Totalitarianism.” It is fine to vote according to the best (or least bad) of poor options; but to not (actively and repeatedly) let the government and all political parties KNOW that you, the voter, want them to provide “Pro-Life” / “Pro-Human-Rights” candidates who actually believe in the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (as a critical matter of long-term human safety), just encourages “Creeping Totalitarianism.” This encourages the current “Creeping Totalitarian” status quo, by training political parties to think they can be elected into power without changing their current position on life issues (whether their current position is a “Pro-Choice” position actively worsening “Creeping Totalitarianism” or whether their current position is a mere “free vote” position that still does not actively stand for Human Rights and freedoms and allows the current terribly anti-democratic “Creeping Totalitarianism” and the current legal abortion that fuels it to continue). It has to change, that Political parties have been trained to know that jaded “Pro-Life” citizens will either not vote at all (so why court their vote?) or will vote for them anyways as long as human life issues are not election issues (so why make them election issues?).
Thus I recognize that it is important that political parties from now on be made aware that sizeable numbers of educated voters who want Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms to last long-term vote “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” / “Pro-Human-Rights” / “Pro-Lasting-Democracy” (which of necessity means voting according to the “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy). Letters written to the parties and the local representatives (and candidates at election time) informing them of this, from many individuals and local organizations operating in Solidarity, are essential. Organizing petitions to this effect, begging political parties to field genuinely “Pro-Human-Rights” candidates who actually believe in the “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (and who are not gagged by “Pro-Choice” or other ultimately anti-democratic party policies) so that democracy can last, signed by tens or hundreds of thousands of voters (or more), cannot be ignored (as long as we still have some semblance of democracy). One helpful strategy to get this message across at election time is to arrange for peaceful non-partisan “Pro-Democracy” protests as near as possible to polling stations where there is no clearly “Pro-Democracy” candidate who believes in and has demonstrated they will stand up for the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy in their supposedly democratic government. Such peaceful demonstrations, which are non-partisan and in no way interfere with people entering polling stations and voting, but only can be seen by voters on their way to the polls, will raise the voting electorate’s awareness of the serious issue of democracies which want to remain democracies needing to maintain Democracy’s First Principles or else democracy can be easily lost, as in 1930s Germany (and any attempt of authorities to quell or disallow such peaceful demonstrations which in no way interfere with citizens voting will be clearly seen as signs of “Creeping Totalitarianism,” trying to silence the voice of those who believe in Democracy from its foundations, since there are no legitimate nor democratic reasons to stop citizens in democracies demonstrating for the foundations of democracy – there are only totalitarian reasons to do this! Only an actively “Creeping Totalitarian” government would send police to break up or oppose such peaceful demonstrations for democracies to get back to the foundations of democracy so democracy can last, so wherever such a peaceful demonstration is opposed in any way, whether by “Pro-Choice” grassroots citizens or by government-policy-enforcing police (as in any “police state”), the opposers are clearly advertising themselves as “totalitarian creeps” and enemies of genuine democracy).
Furthermore, I recall that (as in The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy Article 11) alternate, traditional non-killing medical colleges (which produce doctors patients can trust will not kill them) should be set up wherever the existing medical colleges infected by “Creeping Totalitarianism” refuse to get back to their non-killing traditional Hippocratic roots. I recognize that likewise, the existing political parties (of Left and Right) in any country, if they are still too tainted by “Creeping Totalitarianism,” even after being exposed to the message of the Pledge may still refuse to field “Pro-Life” candidates or otherwise refuse to get back to the traditional “Pro-Life” values which were at least implicitly assumed when each democratic country and its founding parties of “Left” and “Right” were formed (because it was only since every human life without exception was understood as so precious the government was obligated to protect and not kill them that Western governments started to understand that every human deserved a vote). I recognize that in that case, as with forming alternate traditional, non-killing medical colleges, citizens in such countries should consider forming alternate, traditional non-killing political parties (of Left and Right) – perhaps calling themselves “The Human Rights Party,” since making sure Human Rights (including the Human Right to Democracy) last, because the established parties are not upholding democracy’s foundations, is the key purpose of the party (though for broader appeal it should put thought into good policies on other issues as well). Such “Human Rights” political parties could serve their purpose in either temporary or permanent capacity. If such new “Human Rights parties” ultimately supplant the existing party (of Left or Right) they are providing a traditional, non-killing (thus Pro-Democracy) voting alternative to, then they will have served their purpose in helping shore up Human Rights and Democracy for the long-term, by ensuring the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy are guiding the government (either from the ruling or the opposition position), and they can continue to do so more permanently. If rather, their existence as a politically Left (or Right, or “Centrist”) party that actually believes in and stands for The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (so that democracy can last long-term), eventually gets so many votes from the growing number of educated citizens and Democracy Pledgers with “the education necessary to preserve democracy now under attack,” at the expense of the established Left (and/or Right) party, that in order to not lose these votes the established parties are finally motivated to make sure they offer genuinely “Pro-Life” (and thus genuinely Pro-Democracy) candidates (who are not muzzled by a “Pro-Choice” ( and thus anti-democratic) “party line”), such that many educated citizens eventually feel confidently safe to vote for the established parties again because they have learned their lesson not to stray from The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, and so the new “Human Rights Party” eventually disappears because educated voters are voting again for the established parties which are finally running genuinely Pro-Life/Pro-Democracy candidates again, who are elected to guide their country, in this case the new party can “go to rest” easy knowing that while it existed it served its purpose of making sure the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy were once again guiding its country’s government. I recognize that generally speaking, in any country (or other jurisdiction) where existing political parties are too resistant to the message of The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy, a “Human Rights Party” can establish itself as the one party in that country/jurisdiction that can absolutely be trusted not to be “Creeping Totalitarian” (and can be trusted to not for lack of action let status quo “Creeping Totalitarianism” continue), simply because its mandate is to combat “Creeping Totalitarianism” by ensuring The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy are heard in government, and by shaming the established parties into getting back to their traditional Pro-Life / Pro-Democracy roots. Whether a “Human Rights Party” in any country is temporary – a “one-issue party” that exists (drawing educated voters of Left and Right bent) until the established political parties of Left and Right are accountable to uphold The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy so that current “Creeping Totalitarianism” is ended and democracy can last – or permanent, establishing itself as a long-term party with a complete governing platform (falling somewhere on the political spectrum from “Left” to “Right”) in addition to that one most vital issue; in either case an important goal of such political parties will be not only to convince all parties in their country/jurisdiction to field Pro-Life/Pro-Democracy candidates who stand up for The First Principles of Democracy, but to help permanently establish both elected government and voting citizen accountability to those principles without which democracy cannot last long-term (the accountability lacking in 1930s Germany), by constitutionally enshrining the above Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy
28. Gandhi’s Sequence of Progressive Government Response to Non-Violent Protest Against Injustice Indicates the “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” (or “Pro-Life”) Side Will Soon Win the Victory of Human Rights For All Humans Against Current Democracy-Destroying “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” (or “Pro-Choice”) Laws and Policies [rough draft article]
- [I am adding this brand-new rough draft article to the current Draft 2.7 Manifesto which is about to be distributed, without even adjusting it to the form of the Pledge and Manifesto, just because I wanted to have more positive news (and guiding strategy) for all the “Pro-Lifers” who have been jaded and discouraged by the past decades of being ignored by their governments. Their patiently upholding the Human Rights for All Humans cause during that stage is about to be rewarded as the conditions which allowed governments to ignore their voice so long are changing and governments cannot ignore them much longer. “Pro-Lifers” can take advantage of this change to great effect if they are aware of it. But readers can feel free to skip to the next section if they do not like how comparatively rough this section is]The classic description attributed to Gandhi of the stages of government response to non-violently seeking political change where there has been injustice, when genuine rights have been trampled by the government is: “First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. Then they persecute you. Then you win.” Of course, this works best with at least ostensibly democratic or otherwise benevolent governments – brutal totalitarian States which do not need to at least “act” democratic or benevolent might go right to brutal persecution to violently quell any dissent to their unjust totalitarian policies which trample Human Rights (though the ultimate power of non-violent non-compliance to challenge even totalitarian governments to connect with their basic humanity and rethink their inhuman policies should not be underestimated – the Polish Solidarity movement helped to end the full-blown totalitarian Soviet Union).Now, it is true our current compromised democracies in foolish ignorance followed the totalitarian Soviet and Nazi precedent of de-criminalizing abortion, in uneducated ignorance adopting the totalitarian approach to human life and effectively eradicating the legally recognized Inherent Human Right to Live, which started the current “Creeping Totalitarianism” which is now “coming of age” in many recent assaults on human life, free speech, religious freedom and democracy itself. Even so, since our now-compromised “Creeping Totalitarian” governments still claim to be democracies even if they are getting closer to being DINOs – “Democracies In Name Only” – they still have to at least keep up the appearances of being free democracies that support Human Rights (even though there have not been genuine Human Rights ever since legal abortion logically cancelled out the legally recognized Inherent Human Right to Live). So Gandhi’s sequence of progressive government response to legitimate protest against injustice definitely still applies: “First they ignore you. Then the ridicule you. Then the persecute you. Then you win.” When a government that fancies itself democratic or benevolent to humans (and not totalitarian) realizes that they can no longer ignore nor ridicule nor persecute the protest movement against a legitimate complaint against injustice or a Human Rights violation without betraying their own best principles and becoming obvious Human Rights violators themselves by violently quelling those standing up for justice or genuine Human Rights, then they concede to the protesters and correct the injustice, and uphold Human Rights. In this manner Gandhi’s non-violent non-acceptance of injustice convinced the British Empire to change certain prejudiced policies (in South Africa and India) which did not treat all human citizens of the Empire equally (and eventually to peacefully leave India – on friendly terms – to rule itself). Even though some British policies did not live up to Britain’s own highest, traditional Western (Christian) ideals of equal human preciousness, still Britain had these ideals. And thus Gandhi’s non-violent non-compliance with injustice, when they could no longer ignore it, forced the British in South Africa and India to realize that to continue the status quo of their existing prejudiced policies, they would have to become their own definition of totalitarian monsters through repeated, consistent persecution through arrests or violence of those who would no longer put up with the injustice of the government not treating all humans under their power equally. So the British government, after some incidents of violent persecution they themselves found highly distasteful, but which were necessary if they really wanted to enforce their current unjust laws which did not treat humans as equally valuable, had to concede that their laws and policies were unjust – and changed them.They would have to be monsters to continue to enforce compliance upon those refusing to accept the injustice and non-violently protesting it. So they finally decided they were not monsters, upheld their own highest democratic ideals and conceded to justice which treats humans equally, changing laws and policies which did not treat all humans equally. All “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” “Pro-Lifers” (New Abolitionists) are doing is in the same way standing up for the just equal treatment of all humans, for the equal Human Rights for All Humans that is the historical and logical ground of Democracy, by protesting the injustice of legal abortion which similarly does not treat all humans equally because of one kind of bigoted prejudice or another which cannot in any way be justified by the science of human life (age-bigotry “this human that is smaller than me has no rights” instead of race-bigotry “this human that is darker-skinned than me has less rights”). Since all instances of not granting all humans equal Human Rights are unjust, my below analysis of Gandhi’s Sequence of Progressive Government Response to Non-Violent Protest Against Injustice indicates that “Pro-Lifers” can soon expect a major victory for their cause of having preborn humans treated equally with the same rights other humans have.Now, how “soon” is “soon” will vary a great deal from country to country, but according to Gandhi’s progression we will soon have a “Pro-Life” Human Rights for All Humans victory, because the “Pro-Choice abortion” side has kept the upper hand so long only by staying in Gandhi’s “ignoring” stage, which it cannot do for much longer; and they cannot seriously ridicule the “Pro-Life” side without looking like idiots themselves since the great weight of history, science and logic support the “Pro-Life” position as essential to lasting Human Rights and Democracy (this was always the case, which is why there has not so far been serious ridicule of the Pro-Life side, which would invite average people to really examine the relative merits of each side’s case and see the side against current abortion law is much stronger; but now Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy has made it extremely easy for anyone to see that in fact Pro-Life = Pro-Democracy); and they also cannot seriously violently persecute the “Pro-Life” side to silence it without looking totalitarian and anti-democratic for violently suppressing peaceful “Pro-Life” Human Rights advocates who are only reminding people that killing humans is wrong and championing Human Rights for All Humans in a democracy that is supposed to recognize Human Rights; this means the only stage they can reasonably progress to, as continuing to ignore the “Pro-Life” voice becomes no longer viable, is to conceding we win and abolishing abortion so that Human Rights are for All Humans, now that the naturally-ensuing rotten “Creeping Totalitarian” fruit of legal abortion cancelling the Inherent Human Right to Live has grown to its logical democracy-compromising maturity. The logical ultimately totalitarian results of de-criminalized abortion (which followed the precedent of the totalitarian Soviets and Nazis in the first place) can no longer be hidden; this natural fruit of abortion has grown too large, and they can no longer ignore the “Pro-Life” voice which can now point at obvious compromises of democracy which are specifically to ensure “abortion access” or other anti-traditional values contrary to Democracy’s historical and logical foundations.To unpack this reason for hope of coming victory further: The Western democratic governments which foolishly followed the oppressive and totalitarian Soviet and Nazi precedent of de-criminalizing abortion, which have since been suffering under a gradually increasing “Creeping Totalitarianism” because they adopted the totalitarian perspective on human life and abandoned Democracy’s foundation in the Inherent Human Right to Live, have been in the first response stage of ignoring the “Pro-Life” voice of reason pointing out that killing humans is wrong for decades. Sometimes “Pro-Choicers” go to the next stage and ridicule “Pro-Lifers,” but usually only in an infantile way of mocking what they are too ignorant or unintelligent to understand, so their ridicule only makes themselves look foolish. For example, at a “Pro-Life” gathering to pray across from Canada’s first abortion clinic I once heard a “Pro-Choice” heckler shout “why don’t you get educated?” It was unclear what he even thought was an “educated” perspective on human life issues. Did he think “educated” people recognize abortion is legal because Human Rights are only for some humans? In that case he thinks slave-owners and Nazis are “educated” and should be emulated. Did he think that “educated” people do not recognize preborn humans are humans? In that case his version of “educated” people do not believe in biological science. Did he think “educated” people make distinctions between biological human lives with unique human DNA in the womb who can be legally killed and human beings or human persons out of the womb who have human rights and must not be killed? In that case his version of “educated” people have no clue as to the history and the meaning of the terms “being” and “person” (as described in Chapter 3 of The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack), and he thinks “educated” people make distinctions between which humans do or do not have Human Rights even though the Universal Declaration of Human Rights declares Human Rights are for all “without distinction of any kind” because “recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of ALL members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,” and there is no intellectually justifiable way to interpret the Declaration, especially in its 1948 historical context, that allows for legal abortion (as discussed in Article 23 of the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and Article 7 of the New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity).The point here is that “Pro-Choicers” can mock with insubstantial “hot air” like immature children do but cannot ridicule “Pro-Lifers” substantially at all, since all the facts of history, science, and logic support the “Pro-Life” position that Human Rights are for all humans and this should be implemented in any democracy that wants to remain a democracy – so most often “Pro-Choicers” just stick to just ignoring the “Pro-Life” voice. And having no good nor intellectually justifiable nor democratically justifiable reasons to go to the next stage after ridicule and persecute “Pro-Lifers” harshly to shut them up completely (and having no need to do so as long as “Pro-Lifers” publicly march every year and the government still ignores them in policy as they have been for decades so nothing changes), “Pro-Choice” totalitarian creeps in government and workplaces have instead just been slowly increasing the “soft” persecution of “Pro-Lifers” through informal or formal workplace policies for a long time, gradually making it more and more uncomfortable for “Pro-Life” Human Rights advocates to speak freely their traditional, democracy-grounding values at work without negative consequences (and random “Pro-Choice” citizens routinely vandalize “Pro-Life” signs and other “Pro-Life” advocacy for Human Rights). But these anti-democratic, anti-Human Rights tactics have “come to a head” and gone about as far as they can go without “Pro-Choicers” resorting to actual violence or mass arrests or trumped-up false charges and the like to obviously and undemocratically silence the “Pro-Life” voice which they cannot ultimately beat nor completely silence by any other way than brutally violent totalitarianism – which even most “Pro-Choicers” themselves are not ready to do, because even though they allow violent murderous bigoted hatred upon preborn humans whose Human Rights they deny (like Black humans’ rights were previously denied by the same kind of bigotry that denies Human Rights to some humans), I charitably assume most “Pro-Choicers” – politicians or voters – are more ignorant than they are evil, and so most (except the most evil) will be shocked into realizing Human Rights HAVE TO be for ALL humans for lasting democracy, once they realize that the only way they can keep abortion legal long-term and silence the growing number of educated “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” voters is to take the current “Creeping Totalitarianism” attempting to bully “Pro-Lifers” into silence all the way to its formal democracy-ending violent conclusions – like they did in Nazi Germany, which like with legal slavery and like with legal abortion also denied Human Rights to some humans.All this is because just like the very similar Human Rights abuse of legal slavery (which denied Human Rights to some humans) could not last long-term with democracy, but society had to choose to either keep legal slavery and lose democracy, or else keep democracy and lose legal slavery, so society today has to choose to either lose democracy and keep legal abortion that also denies human rights to some humans, or else keep democracy and lose legal abortion. Faced at end with this decision, it is a “no-brainer” to keep free democracy and lose the massive Human Rights violation that is the abortion-killing of humans. So the ONLY reason legal abortion, which is so fundamentally incompatible with Democracy and Human Rights that it legally cancels out the Inherent Human Right to Live, has stayed legal for so long is because “Pro-Choicers,” whether politicians or citizens, have stubbornly avoided the thorough and rational debate they would lose and have stayed in Gandhi’s “ignoring” stage unusually long – just because they have no reasonable grounds nor excuse to advance to the “ridicule” stage and ridicule “Pro-Life” Human Rights advocates for reminding everyone that killing humans is wrong without looking either colossally stupid or evil bigots for denying Equal Human Rights to all humans, like all bigots do. “Pro-Choice” governments also cannot advance to the stage of open violent persecution of “Pro-Life” Human Rights advocates without declaring themselves totalitarian. There is not and cannot possibly ever be any legitimate democratic reason for “Pro-Choice” politicians or citizens to violently silence the Human-Rights advocacy of peaceful “Pro-Life” demonstrations and educational information sessions and materials based on the undisputed historical and scientific facts, logically connected, which underlie the “Pro-Life” Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy; so there is no way the “Pro-Life” voice can ever be silenced without the obviously unjust and totalitarian, brutal violent suppression of “Pro-Lifers” by “Pro-Choicers,” which will immediately declare to the world that democracy has ended wherever that happens.But – this is key – neither can the “Pro-Choice” “Creeping Totalitarian” forces in any country continue to stay where they are and continue to ignore the “Pro-Life” / “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live voice. Now that it has been a full generation since abortion was de-criminalized, the naturally rotten, totalitarian fruit of that decision is becoming increasingly evident. The ultimately totalitarian nature of “Pro-Choice” philosophy since ancient times can no longer be hidden, and people are starting to stand up against “Pro-Choice” “Creeping Totalitarianism.” There are now so many citizens in so many professions and jurisdictions who have suffered the “soft” persecution of being bullied into silence by threats to jobs or funding for so long that they are finally starting to realize that their very democratic freedoms are being trampled and they are finally starting to mobilize and stand up for their legitimate democratic rights to believe in AND SPEAK and stand up for the Human Rights for All Humans which are the historical and logical foundation of Democracy itself, against this long-growing anti-democratic “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” and “Creeping Totalitarian” trend to bully them into silence. In Canada’s largest province of Ontario, doctors now have literally had their democratic freedom of conscience and free speech to not to kill humans taken away, specifically to make sure all citizens have “abortion access.” Where there is no Inherent Human Right to Live because abortion is legal the patient’s “right to kill humans” now trumps the democratic freedom of conscience of doctors not to kill and the government-regulated agency governing doctors now has the power to take the medical licence away from doctors who refuse to participate in human-killing abortions and euthanasia which they can now be FORCED to participate in at least by “effective referral” or else lose their jobs and livelihood. Similarly, U.S. Presidential hopeful Hilary Clinton even said publicly (April 23, 2015) that her government, to ensure abortion access, would use “political will” to “change” “deep-seated…religious beliefs” — just like in totalitarian States! Wherever the ultimately anti-democratic “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” philosophy holds sway, the human rights and democratic freedoms of doctors and others – even to hold their deep religious beliefs in the equal precious value of every human which grounds democracy – can be trampled as long as it means humans can be killed without impediment and without anybody complaining – like in totalitarian States!Very many American voters who were not “Pro-Choice” “totalitarian creeps” themselves were terrified of losing their religious freedom under Hilary’s Presidency, and, because she really was not qualified to lead a genuine democracy, against all pollsters predictions which had not considered them, these voters who believe in the TRADITIONAL values Human Rights and Democracy were BUILT ON and NEED TO LAST “tipped the scales” and handed a landslide victory to her opponent who (despite flawed and unorthodox character) promised to support the “Pro-Life” (and therefore Pro-Democracy) cause. Citizens with traditional (democracy-grounding) values who long put up with the “status quo” of legal abortion under governments which stayed as long as they could in Gandhi’s stage of government “ignoring” the protests against injustice against Human Rights for All Humans are now starting to mobilize and challenge their increasingly “In Name Only” Democratic (“DINO”) governments, simply because they HAVE TO if they want to keep their democratic freedoms, as 40+ years of “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” “Creeping Totalitarianism” is starting to show its mature totalitarian fruit. And now these citizens have access to “The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack” and especially to Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy with the now-clearly articulated Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy and the Core Principles of Lasting Democracy, which makes it easy for anyone to see just how “Pro-Life = Pro-Democracy” and “Pro-Choice = Pro-Totalitarianism” (based on so many undisputed historical facts and such clear, sound logic that the “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” side cannot deny them without looking uneducated and ignorant, or unintelligent, or evil). As the ever-increasing number of citizens educated in the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy who want their democracies to last as democracies stand up in Solidarity against the forces of “Creeping Totalitarianism” in their country (as the Polish Solidarity movement stood up against even full-blown Soviet Totalitarianism), the forces of “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” “Creeping Totalitarianism” will NO LONGER BE ABLE TO STAY IN GANDHI’S NOTED STAGE OF “IGNORING” the “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” “Pro-Life = Pro-Democracy” voice which is simply pointing out the injustice of humans not being treated equally by current policies. And “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” forces cannot advance to Gandhi’s noted “ridiculing” stage without being ridiculed themselves, since they can have no possible intellectually honest response to seriously challenge the mostly compelling and unassailable facts and logic underlying Human Rights and Democracy which are laid out clearly in Democracy 101 ( at most they can attempt the same weak kind of mere emotional appeals, or “smoke and mirrors” of distracting people with less relevant facts which the “Pro-Choice” side has used to get and keep abortion legal so far – but people educated in where Human Rights and Freedoms actually come from will no longer be fooled). And since, in most democracies, even those more disturbingly tainted by current trends of “Creeping Totalitarianism,” if you ask anyone on the streets if they believe in Human Rights and Democracy, they will still probably say ‘yes,’ this means that most Western democracies now compromised by “Creeping Totalitarianism” are still not so advanced in totalitarianism that the government can get away with open violent persecution of “Pro-Life” Human Rights advocates who are only standing up for Human Rights for All Humans because killing humans is wrong. Doing so would only initiate an international outrage against “Pro-Choice/ Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” philosophy finally going to its logical totalitarian conclusions (the Human-killing totalitarian Soviets and Nazis were the first to de-criminalize abortion human-killing, remember!) which would eventually guarantee the totalitarianism (and the “Pro-Choice” philosophy which spawned it) stops.
So in NOW starting to STAND UP in Solidarity against “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” anti-democratic “Creeping Totalitarianism,” armed with the solid Human Rights education of undisputed historical and scientific facts and compelling logic of Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and The Education Necessary to Preserve Democracy Now Under Attack, which can neither be ignored nor ridiculed without governments looking foolish or evil, the “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” or “Pro-Life” protesters will finally HAVE TO BE CONCEDED TO BY THEIR GOVERNMENTS which in most cases, as badly as they may have been compromised by “Creeping Totalitarianism,” are probably not yet near so far gone as to instead of conceding officially end democracy by violently persecuting “Pro-Lifers” who are just “New Abolitionists” incessantly and with increasing volume, like the original Abolitionists before them, standing up for Human Rights for All Humans and the end of the major Human Rights violation of their day (originally legal slavery; now legal abortion, both of which violate the same Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy which start with EQUAL HUMAN PRECIOUSNESS).
The “Pro-Choice” side of the abortion debate is literally the “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” side that does not believe killing humans is wrong but thinks the government can legislate human-killing just like in any totalitarian State, literally following the precedent of the evil totalitarian Soviet and Nazi governments who also did not believe killing humans is wrong and so were the first two national governments to de-criminalize human-killing by abortion (the Soviets in 1920 and the Nazis in 1934; the Nazis also first decriminalizing human-killing by euthanasia). And these two governments whose precedent was followed in de-criminalizing abortion of preborn humans later committed the two biggest genocides of born humans in history – not surprisingly, since legal abortion had already established there was no legally recognized Inherent Human Right to Live in these countries. Educated human voters who know all their Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms depend ultimately on the legally recognized Inherent Human Right to Live, as they increase in number because of the spread of Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy by “Democracy Pledgers” actively implementing the above “Winning Strategy,” will simply no longer tolerate the human-killing, human rights violations of uneducated and ignorant, or unintelligent, or evil “Pro-Choice” politicians who do not even know that killing humans is wrong.
Just what numbers or percentage of educated voters with traditional, democracy-grounding values it will take will vary from country to country. But once enough educated voters who will no longer put up with “Creeping Totalitarianism” stand up together in Solidarity against it, armed with the impregnable facts and logic of Democracy 101 & The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy, incessantly advocating, petitioning, and demanding from their government Human Rights for All Humans and for the actual implementation of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights which ideally should have prevented de-criminalized abortion in the first place (see Article 23 of the Pledge) — all the terrifying momentum of the current anti-democratic “Creeping Totalitarianism” will fall like a house of cards just like even the much more terrifying full-blown Soviet Communist totalitarianism did after the people – good people with traditional Western values – in Poland stood up in Solidarity against hardline Communist totalitarianism. It has been noted that Nazi Germany’s violent atrocities could never have happened IF the good Germans had stood up TOGETHER against the EARLY STAGES of Nazi totalitarianism when it was still “Creeping.” But even the full-blown totalitarian Soviet Union could not just brutally crush all the traditional believers in traditional (democracy-grounding) values standing up in Solidarity against them, but eventually conceded to democracy, in a bloodless fall which happened more quickly than anyone imagined. The current merely “creeping” totalitarianism in most Western countries also will FALL LIKE A HOUSE OF CARDS when we stand up together against it, for the sake of genuine and lasting freedom and Human Rights for All Humans.
By “standing up together against it,” at this time I primarily mean by people all over implementing the “Winning Strategy for the ‘Culture of Life’ to WIN the ‘Cultural War’ with the ‘Culture of Death” to Save Humanity Forever from ‘Creeping Totalitarianism’ ” — primarily by reading and spreading knowledge of Democracy 101 & the Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy, and gathering together to read and learn it in Lasting Democracy Study Nights, attending “Pro-Life” marches and protests and by letting politicians and political parties know that educated citizens who are “Democracy Pledgers” concerned to ensure Democracy lasts EXPECT the parties to field “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” candidates as the only candidates truly qualified to lead a lasting democracy because only they uphold The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy. At least at this stage, I do not advocate civil disobedience like that which Gandhi led to stop injustice at all, because I do not think it necessary for good citizens of Western democracies, who believe in the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy, to behave in any way badly just because their governments are behaving so badly by ignoring the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy and denying Human Rights to some humans and progressing anti-democratic “Creeping Totalitarian” “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” and other anti-traditional policies. Since most governments are probably behaving this badly just because they are uneducated and ignorant of Human Rights history, I think they deserve a chance to get educated. I think they deserve our civil obedience at least until they have proven themselves more evil and unjust than ignorant, by refusing to get educated in the history, science and logic undergirding all Human Rights and democratic freedoms, now that this education has been clearly identified from undisputed facts and clear, sound logic, and made readily available. Just because any reasonable democratic governments should listen to these democracy-grounding facts and logic now laid bare and laid out for anyone of intelligence to see, I think there should be no need for any civil disobedience to convince governments to change the unjust abortion laws which cancel out the Inherent Human Right to Live and undermine the very fabric of our free and democratic way of life.
However, I admit that IF they STILL do not get a Human Right education and end abortion for the sake of lasting democracy, IF they CONTINUE the “Creeping Totalitarianism” currently undermining democracy, THEN Gandhi’s example does show the way to force their hand and show their true totalitarian colours until they themselves are shocked at how much they have to prove themselves monsters in order to keep their favorite convenient Human Rights abuses that deny Human Rights to some humans and make all Human Rights meaningless if none of us had them when we started our human lives in the womb. In this case, I will let Gandhi speak of non-violent non-compliance with injustice, in his words from the excellent 1982 Gandhi movie, winner of 8 Academy Awards including Best Picture:
“The function of a civil resister is to provoke response. And we will continue to provoke until they respond or they change the law. They are not in control. We are. That is the strength of civil resistance.”
“What you CANNOT do is ACCEPT injustice from Hitler or anyone. You must make the injustice visible. Be prepared to die like a soldier to do so.” [at the violent hands of the oppressor who does not concede to your non-violent non-compliance with injustice]
In this, Gandhi shows what he said earlier in the movie, that non-violence is NOT passive resistance. I stress that I think it should NOT be necessary to use Gandhi’s style of non-violent civil resistance to end abortion (and with it “Creeping Totalitarianism”), because I assume most “Pro-Choicers” are intelligent enough to concede to Democracy 101’s powerful Human Rights education rather than prove themselves totalitarian monsters who are willing to terrorize by arrest or violence peaceful “Pro-Life” Human Rights advocates, just so that they can continue to kill human babies without being impeded by the pesky morals of those who believe in the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy that killing humans is wrong because Human Rights are for All Humans. But IF in any particular country, the “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” side STILL does not submit to justice and change the law, but gets more violent to shut up the “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” or “Pro-Life” voice, then Gandhi’s method is the one which will work against those governments (if any) too evil or too colossally stupid to submit to sound reason as that in Democracy 101. IF in any particular country they show themselves willing to kill us to keep killing humans legally and we are willing to die at the hands of their bigoted violent hatred for human babies and any humans who will try to protect them, thus fully advancing to Gandhi’s “then they persecute you” stage, the next stage after that is “then you win.” They will not be able to sustain that long in the International Community. Note that I am giving “Pro-Choice” politicians the benefit of the doubt, making the charitable assumption they are only ignorant and not evil and will just change the law in response to the solid Human Rights education of Democracy 101. I hope they appreciate that I thus assume the best of them (even though up until now they have denied killing humans is wrong and like every bigot denied equal Human Rights for All Humans) and I hope they do not prove me wrong by proving it necessary to go to non-violent civil disobedience to fully expose their underlying bigoted evil hatred for humanity.
[note: there are more rough considerations of the topic of Gandhi’s Sequence of Progressive Government Response to Non-Violent Protest Against Injustice which will be later added to this unfinished new rough article, which has not yet been given the form of the other articles in the Pledge and this Manifesto]
- Recognizing the necessity of patient dedication to this most important of causes, as a “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live”, “Pro-Life = Pro-Democracy” New Abolitionist and “Democracy Pledger”, I pledge to do my best to implement and support the above detailed “Winning Strategy for ‘The Culture of Life’ to WIN the ‘Cultural War’ with ‘The Culture of Death,’ to Save Humanity Forever from ‘Creeping Totalitarianism,’ ” the general thrust of which is here summarized:
GENERAL STRATEGY IN BRIEF: The British Abolitionists successfully and peacefully ended legal slavery (which was fundamentally incompatible with Democracy and the conflict had to be resolved for the stability of society) by EDUCATING FIRST THEMSELVES, THEN THE ELECTORATE OF VOTING CITIZENS FROM THE GRASSROOTS UP in the TRADITIONAL AND DEMOCRACY-GROUNDING PRINCIPLE of EQUAL HUMAN PRECIOUSNESS until there were sufficient numbers of EDUCATED voting citizens who believed that EVERY HUMAN WITHOUT EXCEPTION HAD EQUAL HUMAN RIGHTS to convince the politicians to end the entrenched and powerful, profitable SLAVE TRADE which DENIED HUMAN RIGHTS TO SOME HUMANS. In the same way, today’s TRADITIONAL believers in the SAME Democracy-Grounding Principle can become “New Abolitionists” and “Democracy Pledgers” WHO CAN END the current worldwide trends of “Creeping Totalitarianism” which is driven by now-popular “Pro-Choice-to-Kill-Humans” abortion policies that are just as fundamentally incompatible with Democracy and de-stabilizing to society as legal slavery was, because they violate the SAME TRADITIONAL underlying principle that EVERY HUMAN WITHOUT EXCEPTION HAS EQUAL HUMAN RIGHTS that legal slavery did by DENYING HUMAN RIGHTS TO SOME HUMANS like legal slavery did and – worse than slavery – legally eradicating the Inherent Human Right to Live which is the foundation of all Democracy. To end the killing of humans and end “Creeping Totalitarianism at the same time, following the example of the original Abolitionists, “Pro-Human-Right-to-Live” New Abolitionists just need to make sure that enough voting citizens in every country (starting with themselves) become EDUCATED enough in where Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms historically and logically come from that sufficient numbers of EDUCATED voters will no longer vote for UNEDUCATED politicians who are undermining the very fabric of Democracy in their IGNORANCE of the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (Principles identified and described in Articles 1-5 of The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy, which are essentially the SAME TRADITIONAL underlying principles held by the Abolitionists who ended slavery). Knowing and holding the now-clearly-identified historic and logical Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy (which are backed up by the science of human life) should be a minimum qualification for politicians in any democracy which wants to remain a democracy long-term and not fall to current trends of “Creeping Totalitarianism,” and making sure there are enough EDUCATED VOTERS to convince the politicians to constitutionally enshrine the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy is the core of the “Winning Strategy” which was successfully used by the Abolitionists (who held these same principles like EVERY HUMAN WITHOUT EXCEPTION HAS EQUAL HUMAN RIGHTS) to end legal slavery.
As a key element of the “winning strategy,” as a New Abolitionist/Democracy Pledger I pledge to (like the original Abolitionists) incessantly pester my government to abolish the bigoted scourge that denies Human Rights to some humans and is thus undermining Democracy by violating the supreme and EQUAL value of every human life without exception which Democracy depends on, which for the original Abolitionists was legal slavery and for New Abolitionists is legal abortion. In brief,
I pledge allegiance to Democracy, and to the above Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy on which all Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms are historically and logically built and which they need to last.
[Note: The published version of this Manifesto in DEMOCRACY 101: A Voter’s and Politician’s Manual for LASTING Democracy, has 42 Articles instead of 29, and is available at Amazon.com]
Draft 2.6m The New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity
© 2016, 2017 William Baptiste SFO, Founder and Director, Human Rights and Freedoms Forever! http://protecthumanrightsandfreedoms.ourchur.ch
This Early Draft remains on this website to ensure worldwide Internet access to the key ideas, facts and logic underlying LASTING DEMOCRACY AND HUMAN RIGHTS no matter how badly your country gets compromised by current worldwide trends of ‘Creeping Totalitarianism’ now or in the future. But a superior draft and a complete suite of resources has now been published in
DEMOCRACY 101: A Voter’s and Politician’s Manual for LASTING Democracy, available on Amazon.com (click direct link: www.amazon.com/dp/1544628498)
To Help “Spread The Pledge” officially Go To VOLUNTEERS
For an In-depth Education in Preserving Democracy Now Under Attack Go To The Treatise . To participate in spreading the Pledge in your country Go to Volunteers and/or Donations for Democracy and/or the Democracy Store
[To Get the Flag of Democracy, Bumper Stickers and Posters and Pamphlets and Booklets and lawn signs etc. to spread and support the worldwide grassroots movement of The Pledge of Allegiance to Democracy and The New Abolitionist Manifesto of Solidarity in order to protect Human Life, Religious Freedom and Democracy itself from current attacks, GO TO THE DEMOCRACY STORE. Those who wish to produce and print and distribute such materials in their country should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for copyright permission and the latest draft, and your authorized products will be advertised worldwide at the Democracy Store]
Footnotes for the Manifesto
 The first quoted phrase is from Article 2; the second quoted phrase is from the very first sentence of the Preamble of The 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
 Records of the United States Nuremberg War Crimes Trials, United States of America v. Ulrich Greifelt Et Al (Case VIII), October 10, 1947 March 10, 1948; The National Archives, Washington, D.C.: Microfilm Publication 894, Roll 6 (Trial Vols. 10 & 11), pp. 3952-53, 4024, also M894 R 31, pp. 27-28, 4866. This is the complete record of the trial. Cited in the paper The Abortion and Eugenics Policies of Nazi Germany by Professor John Hunt, Ph.D.
 Quotation from Cardinal Francis George cited from http://www.ncregister.com/blog/tim-drake/the-myth-and-the-reality-of-ill-die-in-my-bed. Accessed September 23, 2015.
 I recognize that those unrepentant Pro-Choicers who still want to oppose the Pledge for the sake of whatever it is they gain at the expense of human lives will probably attempt to discredit the Pledge and the Christian foundations it (and democracy itself) rests on by citing many of ample examples of past and present professed Christians, professed Christian rulers or leaders, and ostensibly Christian societies, who in one or many ways in their era failed to practice the extremely high Christian standards of self-giving, self-sacrificing love (modelled by Jesus Christ) for every human as equally precious to a loving God, many not trying very hard – they will probably cite these examples of Christian failures to live the high Christian ideals as if that in any way justified them continuing to ignore the high Christian ideals. And I recognize that none of these many failures of past or present professed Christians or of ostensibly Christian societies to live the high Christian ideals in any way change the cold, hard facts that it was Christianity which introduced The Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy into the West as the highest Western ideals to strive for, and for all those who did not live them well, it was those Christians who actually tried to better live these high Christian standards (however imperfectly) and who tried to convince others to do the same who in historical fact did the most to make Western Society more humane and more equal and more loving to more people, and who drove the whole historical process that eventually give us modern Human Rights and Democratic Freedoms.
 I John 4:8, 16 in the Bible’s Christian New Testament. From a Christian perspective, essentially everything else in Christianity (including the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy) can be summed up in the core principle (the core Revealed Truth) that God is Love, and the supremely fruitful Christian understanding of God’s Being as a Trinity of Love actually ultimately underlies the whole free and democratic way of life which only ever developed in Western Christian Civilization. See the below supplement Foundation of the Foundations: God is Love — The Foundation of the Foundational Principles of Human Rights and Democracy.
 Since Britain was still an officially Christian country, despite the “marginalization” of genuine Christian influence in British society of which Wilberforce complained in some of his writing, the fact that the slave trade is in any way affiliated with the “Christian name” is a scandal, since the Christian New Testament itself had laid down the ultimately slavery-destroying principles that slaves (1/3 the population in New Testament times) were equal to their human masters before God (and equally loved!), and that whether Jew or Gentile, slave or free, man or woman, all humans were one beloved family when they took the name of Christ Jesus. Wilberforce even wrote a book in 1797 about what he saw as the discrepancies between merely “cultural” Christianity and genuine or “real” Christianity, entitled A practical view of the Prevailing Religious System of Professed Christians in the Higher and Middle Classes in this Country Contrasted With Real Christianity (later editions shortened the title to Real Christianity). I have noted how Christian individuals and societies have frequently struggled and often failed to live up to the high Christian standards which bring true freedom, true love, true joy, and true peace, but dedicated or devout Christians like William Wilberforce, Saint Francis of Assisi, the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr., or Mother Teresa (whatever their own imperfections and failures to live the high Christian standard) always call Christian individuals and societies back to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and back to striving to be better than they are with God’s help, effectively making improvements in the LOVE shown and felt within the societies of their times.
 The American company Senomyx even uses aborted human fetal parts for food testing.
 Although I did hear of a case where a female abortionist really was so abnormally ignorant of what she was actually doing while performing abortions, and her mind actually did not “click in” to reality until she held in her arms her own prematurely-born baby and finally realized that she had been killing human babies exactly like hers. The human capacity for rationalization and self-justification is truly immense, and I imagine most abortionists have some sort of contorted rationalization for what they are doing, to deny even to themselves the obvious evil of their actions, even while they are doing “medical” abortion procedures such as putting all the pieces – arms and legs and head and so on – of an aborted baby together, to make sure none of the pieces of the tiny human corpse remain in the mother where they might go septic and poison the mother.
 And then they even left India to rule itself on peaceful terms, which corrected the unusual situation that India was not even a proper British colony but had been militarily taken over by the British East India Company in the course of protecting its trading interests in India (by 1757), and a hundred years later after a rebellion due to mismanagement, the British government took over control of India from the company (1858).
© 2016, 2017 William Baptiste SFO
[Note: The published version of this Manifesto in DEMOCRACY 101: A Voter’s and Politician’s Manual for LASTING Democracy, has 42 Articles instead of 29, and is available at Amazon.com]
For an In-depth Education in Preserving Democracy Now Under Attack Go To The Treatise . To participate in spreading the Pledge in your country Go to Volunteers and/or Donations for Democracy and/or the Democracy Store